black flashing screen?

4 posts in this topic

Hi ppl!

I just managed to successfully install iPC (yay!) but know when i run it, the screen tends to flash black for a few seconds, and then turns back on??? it did it fairly regularly, about 2dozen times in 10 minutes... is it my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP - i ticked the right box in the drivers list!) or is it something i have forgotten to do???

Plz help, i really like the system, but i can't work with that happening all the time!!!

Thanks in advance, Dronnoc

most likely a graphics issue. i would re install OSX, without selecting ANY video drivers. don't worrry, you will still have video, just not proper resolution support until you get CI/QE working

once OSX is installed, then try the 3650 AGP installer PKG by LastExile. its very simple, just install, repair permissions, then reboot

ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP

Device ID: 9596

Download

list of ATI LastExile drivers

most likely a graphics issue. i would re install OSX, without selecting ANY video drivers. don't worrry, you will still have video, just not proper resolution support until you get CI/QE working

once OSX is installed, then try the 3650 AGP installer PKG by LastExile. its very simple, just install, repair permissions, then reboot

ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP

Device ID: 9596

Download

list of ATI LastExile drivers

OK, shall try that! thx!