How to REMOVE OS X without affecting Windows?

dba137

7 posts in this topic

Hey, I have a hackintoshed laptop with Windows 7 on one partition and Leopard on another for dualboot. I am selling my laptop and need to remove my OS X install.

Now, I would just reinstall Windows 7 and wipe off everything, but I am away at college and the disc is at home, so I don't have the Windows 7 disc.

So how would I remove/format my OS X partition?

From within windows, just use something like partitionmagic or your favorite partitioning software to remove the osx partition and then expand the windows partition to take it's place. This will have absolutely zero impact on windows other than increasing the size of the space available to it.

If you're using the windows boot manager, you'll need to remove osx from the boot prompt, but one surefire way to fix that is to reinstall (or "fix") the master boot record using the recovery console. Google around for repairing the windows boot record and you'll be good as gold :(

• 4 weeks later...

This is actually very simple :(

Just go to the start menu and right-click "Computer" and choose "Manage". When a new window appear, click on the fan "Disk Management" under "Storage". Now just find your Mac partition/drive which is without a name. Right-click it and choose "Delete Partition...".

There you go :) Enjoy^^

/dkcas11

Have you tried using the Disk Management tool that comes built in with Windows 7? If the problem is that you can't see the drive at all consider using a partition software like Partition Magic.

Also, if you need to switch the default boot partition there are some modifications you can make.