HP HDX18 Laptop

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'll keep this nice and short. Basically I'm looking to buy a new laptop and am really interested in the HDX18 laptop from HP. I really want a laptop with 18" screen, at least dual core, decent graphic chip, at least 500GB hdd and 4GB ram. This laptop is just perfect and cheap. B)

I also want to run OSX on it, like I am on my desktop PC. So I just wanted to ask if this laptop will run Snow Leopard 10.6.X, if so, what things won't work, without modification? Will it be a lot of trouble making them work? What patched installation/script should I use?

That's all. I've tried looking at previous posts, but they only really talk about Leopard, not Snow Leopard. So I just wanted to make sure, before I go and buy it..

I greatly appreciate your help! :)

Hi everyone,

I'll keep this nice and short. Basically I'm looking to buy a new laptop and am really interested in the HDX18 laptop from HP. I really want a laptop with 18" screen, at least dual core, decent graphic chip, at least 500GB hdd and 4GB ram. This laptop is just perfect and cheap. :)

I also want to run OSX on it, like I am on my desktop PC. So I just wanted to ask if this laptop will run Snow Leopard 10.6.X, if so, what things won't work, without modification? Will it be a lot of trouble making them work? What patched installation/script should I use?

That's all. I've tried looking at previous posts, but they only really talk about Leopard, not Snow Leopard. So I just wanted to make sure, before I go and buy it..

I greatly appreciate your help! :)

In fact, this notebook is already a desktop replacement running sl flawlessly. If u need to know how, join us over here

Greetz,