OSX and Win7 on separated drive, using Chameleon RC4

7 posts in this topic

You don't see Windows 7 in the Chameleon boot menu?

When Windows 7 is installed clean it creates a partition called 'System Reserved'. If you select this partition in the Chameleon GUI, it will boot Windows 7.

run Terminal.app, type diskutil list, and post the output, and the contents of your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

You don't see Windows 7 in the Chameleon boot menu?

When Windows 7 is installed clean it creates a partition called 'System Reserved'. If you select this partition in the Chameleon GUI, it will boot Windows 7.

run Terminal.app, type diskutil list, and post the output, and the contents of your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

On my Desktop, I select the Windows partition and it boots and I don't even see the System Reserved Partition.

Then you simply don't have the "System Reserved" partition.

The "System Reserved" partition is only created upon performing a clean installation to an unformatted hard drive.

It was a clean HD. I formatted it as MS-DOS (FAT) with Disk Utility and then I booted from my install USB Drive and deleted the partition and told it to install to unallocated space. The partition is there as I can see it in OSX, just it doesn't show in Chameleon and I never hid it or anything.

You have two HDDs right. I don't understand what you're saying, did you format the hard drive that has Windows 7 on it in Disk Utility?

Please post the output from diskutil list and the contents of your /extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

But before doing anything, see this topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...howtopic=215746

Steps I did..

1 Installed SL with a install USB stick with chameleon on it

2 Rebooted using chameleon on the USB stick

3 Installed Chameleon on a separate partition (but on the same HD than SL)

4 Reboot without the USB stick, everything was fine

5 Installed a second SL for recovery usage, on the first HD

6 Partitioned a second HD for WIN7 to be installed on

7 Unplugged the first HD with cham and SL

8 Installed WIN7 on the second HD with the install DVD

Should it work defacto if I set the first HD to be the priority in bios? Or is there something to do in the cham partition ?

I'll get back to you guys with the diskutil info soon.