Snow Leopard Vmware Installation stops after apple logo

7 posts in this topic

Hi, i have a problem, when i try to install snow leopard in a windows 7 64-bit using VMware 7, after the apple's logo happens, turn in a gray screen where the cursor change in a turning raimbow and it don't going on from that. Now it's two hours that there is the gray screen and the turning raimbow and don't going on... How to resolve?

Thanks

My System:

Mainboard : Asus P5N-E SLI

Chipset : nVidia nForce 650i SLI SPP

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2666 MHz

Physical Memory : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Hard Disk : Maxtor (320 GB)

Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (1000 GB)

Hard Disk : ST315003 (1500 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9S ATA Device

DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7241S SCSI CdRom Device

Monitor Type : Acer AL1717 - 17 inches

Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 20 inches

Network Card : Extensible 802.11b/g Wireless Device

Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Professional 6.01.7600 (x64)

DirectX : Version 11.00

My VMware:

VMware® Workstation

7.0.1 build-227600

PS i add with this pos my last log file and my VMX file....

LOG.txt

VMX_file.txt

Hi, i have a problem, when i try to install snow leopard in a windows 7 64-bit using VMware 7, after the apple's logo happens, turn in a gray screen where the cursor change in a turning raimbow and it don't going on from that. Now it's two hours that there is the gray screen and the turning raimbow and don't going on... How to resolve?

Thanks

My System:

Mainboard : Asus P5N-E SLI

Chipset : nVidia nForce 650i SLI SPP

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2666 MHz

Physical Memory : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Hard Disk : Maxtor (320 GB)

Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (1000 GB)

Hard Disk : ST315003 (1500 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9S ATA Device

DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7241S SCSI CdRom Device

Monitor Type : Acer AL1717 - 17 inches

Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 20 inches

Network Card : Extensible 802.11b/g Wireless Device

Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Professional 6.01.7600 (x64)

DirectX : Version 11.00

My VMware:

VMware® Workstation

7.0.1 build-227600

PS i add with this pos my last log file and my VMX file....

There is an issue with the boot-132 code and quad core processors. That is why I am working on a newer version based on Chameleon code, which will be ready soon.

P.S. I meant start a new topic about your sound and host issues, but doesn't matter.

i can't install teamspeak on the pc with vmware... sorry... i try to find a solution in forum...

Thanks for replay.. ;)

"i can't install teamspeak on the pc with vmware... sorry... i try to find a solution in forum..." with this i means that i can't install audio so i can't use you solution and i what to find a solution (for VMware) in forum and not in private.

I wrote wrong sorry.

I open a new post for have a clear idea of the problem.

I don't use charmeleon, i only boot with darwin.iso and after i use vanilla snow leopard installer dvd.

What is charmeleon? i do something wrong?

Thanks for replay.. :rolleyes:

"i can't install teamspeak on the pc with vmware... sorry... i try to find a solution in forum..." with this i means that i can't install audio so i can't use you solution and i what to find a solution (for VMware) in forum and not in private.

I wrote wrong sorry.

I open a new post for have a clear idea of the problem.

I don't use charmeleon, i only boot with darwin.iso and after i use vanilla snow leopard installer dvd.

What is charmeleon? i do something wrong?

No you you have not done anything wrong. There is an issue running Mac OS X on 4 core CPUs with VMware. The tool kit which I put together which I assume you used, does not work with the 4 core processor. It needs to be updated with code from the Chameleon project, which is what I am working on.

Sorry but I still don't understand the teamspeak problem. You want to install this in Windows or Mac OS X?

No you you have not done anything wrong. There is an issue running Mac OS X on 4 core CPUs with VMware. The tool kit which I put together which I assume you used, does not work with the 4 core processor. It needs to be updated with code from the Chameleon project, which is what I am working on.

Sorry but I still don't understand the teamspeak problem. You want to install this in Windows or Mac OS X?

Sorry I was trying to have him install Team Viewer on his host computer, it is a software that lets me connect remotely to his desktop so I could help him troubleshoot his problems.

I helped another user with this by doublechecking his steps and correcting errors.

But it seems he misunderstood me and tried to install it on his guest OS thinking it was a fix for his issue.

Anyway, as you pointed out, his problem is with his Quad Core processor and I cannot help him solve it. He must wait until you finish the boot-132 code to fix his issue.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Sorry I was trying to have him install Team Viewer on his host computer, it is a software that lets me connect remotely to his desktop so I could help him troubleshoot his problems.

I helped another user with this by doublechecking his steps and correcting errors.

But it seems he misunderstood me and tried to install it on his guest OS thinking it was a fix for his issue.

Anyway, as you pointed out, his problem is with his Quad Core processor and I cannot help him solve it. He must wait until you finish the boot-132 code to fix his issue.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Hey no problem and appreciate the help you have started giving around this topic.