Airpot in the System Preferences Can't Memorize the Network

alvin777

1 post in this topic

Hi. I'm using the iMac i7 8GB which is highly recommended. It's a fantastic computer (not perfect as with everything). Everything in the iMac including the firmware for the keyboard, OS X is updated and the 64-bit was enabled in the kernel to make it run in 64-bit only (no problems with the apps so far).

I've removed the 10 year old CAT5 10/100Mbps cable to make everything wireless (I figured, since wireless n will give you 300Mbps and we're subscribed to a 1Mbps internet, the speed would be the same, wired or wireless). The Dlink router is set for wireless g and n (for the iPhone and this iMac). When Snow boots, although Airport (not the router hardware) knows about the dlink network, it doesn't use it. Only when I switch OFF then switch On Airport again does it connect or when I manually choose the network does it work. I've unclick the Ask to join new networks so that it doesn't get confused which network it should use (there aren't other networks around anyway). Is this a glitch in OS X, the Dlink router or the iMac i7? When I'm connected all bars in the wireless are full.

A rough fix: I should use Automator and Login Items to turn Airport ON then OFF in the preferences but how do you do that with the Ariport which is within System Preferences? Thanks in advance.

Gbu.