Remove Mac partitions for Windows?

Cynical

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Its been a fun adventure, but now i started getting problems in windows and since i need my PC for work i need to remove all hacks for now.

I installed SL on a separate drive and Win7 on another. Now i want to remove the Hackintosh partitions and use em in Windows. But nomatter what i do i cant format my OSX partitions in Windows.

I need to remove the Chamelon bootloader as well.

Please help someone?

/Cyn

Hi guys!

Its been a fun adventure, but now i started getting problems in windows and since i need my PC for work i need to remove all hacks for now.

I installed SL on a separate drive and Win7 on another. Now i want to remove the Hackintosh partitions and use em in Windows. But nomatter what i do i cant format my OSX partitions in Windows.

I need to remove the Chamelon bootloader as well.

Please help someone?

/Cyn

u can format mac drive in win7. i know u cannot see mac drive in windows 7 by default. but if u go in drive management from control panel or from manage. U will be able to see mac drive. just delete and format with ntfs.

• 2 weeks later...
u can format mac drive in win7. i know u cannot see mac drive in windows 7 by default. but if u go in drive management from control panel or from manage. U will be able to see mac drive. just delete and format with ntfs.

Hi Asim

Well, there is another way of doing that.

Using the command prompt. In which version of windows. The steps remain the same. as Diskpart is bundled along with all versions.

Here are the steps. Commands without the word "type" and without the double quote marks.

1] go to run, type "cmd" -> Enter

2] type "diskpart" -> Enter

3] type "list disk" -> Enter

It will generate an output of all the physical disks available on your system.

Say the partition you want to delete it is on disk 1, and there is more than 1 physical HDD in your PC, then you would have Disk 0 -> Windows Disk, Disk 1, 2, 3, so on and so forth. And, for the next command you need to type:

4] type "sele disk (disk #)"

sele disk 1

5] type "list part"

It will generate an output of all the partitions on that disk. Size, Label, Offset, FileSystem Type, etc.

If you have more than one disk, check for a particular partition that will be listed as "Unknown" in its file system type column. There isn't any label of the column, but as others will be "NTFS", you can easily see it.

Now, note which partition is it?

All partitions will be listed beginning as Partition 0, Partition 1, Partition 2, and so on and so forth.

Say your OSX installation is on the first, i.e. Partition 0, then:

6] type "sele part 0" -> Enter = selects the partition for performing deletion or other functions.

7] type "dele part" -> Enter = deletes the partition without confirmation!

8] type "list part" -> Enter = this will list remaining partitions, for confirming that you deleted the OSX partition

9] type "exit" -> Enter = this will quit diskpart

10] type "exit" -> Enter = this will quit the command prompt.

Hope you can get it done, after reading my steps. Feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra