[Advise] Dell Inspiron 1520 +BT + Wifi +SL = ?

allenpan

6 posts in this topic

[Advise] Dell Inspiron 1520 +BT + Wifi +SL = ???

I am able to install my Dell Inspiron 1520 with Universial SnowOSX V3.6, but i also ran into some problem:

1) Wifi not working, i am aware that Intel 4965AGN not supported, Atheros has no 64bit driver, can someone recommand me what mini-pci-express card i should buy that has 64bit and SL support?

EDIT: Found 1 solution for Atheros chip Wifi

http://osx86.net/f57/installing-snow-leopa...3735/page3.html

Atheros AR5BXB72 (AR5418): Install the AtherosFix kext and it'll work in 32-bit mode. Install a 64-bit IO80211Family kext and it'll work in 64-bit mode as well. NOTE: If you don't have the same adapter as I do you'll need to add your adapter's PCI ID to the AtherosFix.kext/Contents/Info.plist file before it'll work. The AtherosFix kext makes your card look like a AR5416 card (Airport Extreme).

2) in bios it detects BT, but i can't seems to get BT working.

3) shutdown/restart problem, the screen goes black but it wont cut off power or restart, unless with force.

4) the onboard network BCM440X, keep telling me unpluged, how i fix that?

5) how do i get the onboard IR working? i thinking using the remote...

6) the CPU detection is wrong, it says 3.0Ghz, and how do i know how many COREs are enable?

any advice on any?

specs:

Intel T7250 C2D 2.0Ghz

4GB DDR 800Mhz

Geforce 8400GS 128MB - (NVenabler)

Conext Sound - (VoodooHDR)

Intel 4695AGN / Atheros 5008

BroadCom BT...

Hi there,

I have the same notebook in here working great so far with Snow Leopard Retail. WIFI is not working, so I use a WIFI USB Stick but only with 32bit drivers. I ordered a real macbook WIFI card and will try it in a few days (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200459445649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1555wt_810). Also I have no solution for restart/shutdown, it just doesn't work :wacko:

Maybe someone has a fix for that?

Take care,

cr4nky

• 5 weeks later...

Ahem hello.. i have this card in 10.5.8 not working yet .. and same specs as u 1520 with t7250 dsdt working sweet. use aserebln boot file replace after chameleon2 RC4 install and use my dsdt, but

i have problem with this card.. works fine in linux mint 8 ;)

in logs shows

Error: offset_0x100 = 0xffffffff

start [/sourceCache/AirPortDriverAtheros5424/AirPortDriverAtheros5424-300.22/src/driver/AtherosController.cpp:480] loaded unsuccessfully

iim trying to find a dsdt fix for this :ninja:

ok i got the idea of the problem..

offset 100 is the epprom address. here look at this and read the chart

address 0xa0 is 0x100 .. its all ffff ffff for his b/g card. i have n.. so that chart isntright for my card. . im gona try reloading the vanilla files into /s/l/e and see if it boots. also network configuration plist might be looking for my old broadcom.

i dont have to rebrand as its a real apple card AR5BXB72..

my second theory is the pci bus address/bit/size/timing? is not right. but i found idea why here

EDIT: yep its not the first issue. its the pci capabilities or something in that pci bus

what i found is my inspiron 1520 matches a lot to the macbookpro 4,1 DSDT. ich8

so i looked in ioreg of mb4,1 and it shows a bigger pci2pcibridge io range and memory and i think its read write cache. hmm i think im best off selling this draft n antique and getting a real atheros a/b/g and rebrand it.. or reflash eeprom.. or rebrand this one in dsdt ??

EDIT 12-30-2010: still same issues with any Ath5k series..

i also tried a AR928x and that shows no error on -v booting.. but almost works. signal does show but no connect (timed out) then all SSID's disappear.

whats funny is this card works fine on netbooks and other laptops.. its dell MOSTLY that dont like it in hackintosh ( a few others i seen with same issue)

ill keep trying, this is my personal laptop so ill get this working now or 3 months later.

in meantime i pop back in my broadcom wireless in second slot :( switch it off when booting to linux to let atheros work..

:( the apple card works in linux.. the dell bcm94318 works in osx