Installed OSX on SSD - But Won't Boot to Desktop - See Pics

1 post in this topic

Hope someone can please advise....trying to get OSX SL running on my new little Fujitsu laptop UH900 with 5.6" display, 2GB RAM, 62GB Toshiba half-slim module SG2 series SSD.

I made OSX SL install on a USB flash drive using my MacBook and SL disk. At first tried installer from flash drive connect to UH900, but while USB drive could boot up installer app and at the intial startup disk selection screen it showed the SSD drive partitions (See photo below), after that when OSX installer ran and I used Disk Utility, it did not show the SSD drive at all.

So, bought a SATA to USB adapter and connected the SSD drive to it and then to my MacBook. The SSD drive showed up on my desktop like any other drive, so, installed SL to it and then ran NetbookInstaller8.4 (per MechDrew guide, http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/nbi4.shtml) and selected:

Install Chameleon 2 NBI bootloader

Install General Extensions

Then put SSD back into UH900 and booted up...

After initial bios screen, I see this

787-UH900-Boot-web.jpg

Then I see this:

784-UH900-Boot-X-web.jpg

That's as far as I get with booting....

Any suggestions as to what to try next ???

If not, I'll have to restore back to Win 7, and we don't want that!

;)

Here's pic of OSX install startup disk selection screen mentioned up above when I was trying to install OSX directly onto UH900 and then pic of UH900 with OSX installer running:

783-UH900-StartupDisk-web.jpg

782-UH900-OSXInstaller-web.jpg

Thanks for any and all help!

Mark

• Install Chameleon 2 NBI bootloader
  • Install General Extensions