FCP 7 uses only 1 core for rendering timeline or Compressor

poofyhair

1 post in this topic

been using FCP since V3. I have a P6T Deluxe( and have tried it on a P6T V2) with a 920 chip, 6 gigs ram, 4870 1gig, and tried it on a 4850 1gig. 250mbps tranfer on 3 raided drives.

My problem is that FCP will only use 1 core I.E. 105% out of 800%, when rendering the time line, exporting using Quicktime converter, or exporting with Commpressor to my computer, or a managed or quick cluster. When rendering out useing Commpressor it will show 1 tanscode working at 25%. I have bee serching the blogs for weeks, my only clue is that in Qadmistator it sees the managed node( the hackintosh) as having 8x3ghz with a Unkown prossor.That leads me to beleve that the problem is that the FCP does not know what type of prossor it is. Handbrak will run at 800% so there is no hardware issues.

For instantce, say I am render out HD 1080 30fps 45 minuts, the time it takes is ablut 37 housrs,my macbook will render the same file in 12 hours.

If I use Qmaster with more than 1 instatnce enabled all but 2 parts of the batch will error out. This is not a Xgrid or Qmaster problem, because if I am rendering the time line, or exporting with Quicktime conversion, it will only use 125-150% of the cores.

Plese let me know any kernels that I can modify , or whare Qadminsistrator get the prossor type. If i get info, about my mac it sees the correct prossor.