Tried installing 10.4.7 patch and now i get boot errors and no desktop

casemon

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, i tried installing JAS 10.4.7 upgrade on an AMD box and quickly went from a well-oiled Hackintosh (with QE and CI and everything!) to Error Message city. It was only after it was all munged did I realize the JAS 10.4.7 patch is for Intel only and I should of used the Mylar.

I spent so much time getting the QE, net, and sound and everything to work, but seriously now I just get error after error on the black cmd line screen and the errors go so quickly I don't know what the problem is real problem is.

I'm new to BSD can anyone help me get this back on track? Are there pre-boot secrets that I should try? The "?" option gives me just a bunch of ASCII.

I even tried booting from the original patched install dvd and it gives me some EBIOS error (that's new, considering i installed from this disc) and finally it dumps at a big picture of the Power button with instructions in 5 languages on how to turn off the machine.

Do I have a chance to salvage this or should I just format the Mac OS drive and try to start again? After many nights getting it configured, I had one really great day in OS X (yesterday) and would hate to lose all the stuff I made (cool web page, it's so slick!).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

burned a new disc (HotISO instead of JAS) and did an "Upgrade" install. I didn't lose anything but my video driver (already fixed it again) and all is well again.

Thanks to the forum goers for all the great info.