(SOLVED) 10.6.3 killed Airport on WG311T

raoul

9 posts in this topic

From 10.4 to 10.6.2, Atheros based WLAN card WG311T (id 168C,13) worked and was recognized as Airport by the insertion of right info.plist string in the subkext of IO80211Family.kext. This is no more true since the last 10.6.3 update, and for the moment I didn't succeed.

SOLUTION:

I simply removed AppleHPET.kext from /S/L/E coming back with 10.6.3 update.

From 10.4 to 10.6.2, Atheros based WLAN card WG311T (id 168C,13) worked and was recognized as Airport by the insertion of right info.plist string in the subkext of IO80211Family.kext. This is no more true since the last 10.6.3 update, and for the moment I didn't succeed.

are you booting in 32 or 64 bits? cause AirPortAtheros21.kext is for 64 and 32 bits, but AirPortAtheros.kext is't only 32 bits

In my first try, AtherosFix.kext was inside the /Extra folder. I tried 32 and 64 without success. In the second try I moved firdt the kext from 10.6.2, edit Atheros in S/L/E directly, rebooted in 10.6.2 (32 bits) and disabled the airport interface. I updated to 10.6.3. Every thing was working, but the card was not recognized. I do this because in the first try, the finder was stalled. It was not stalled in the second try, but OSX finished by a bug trace when shutting down.

In 10.6.2 I used to run 32 or 64 bits perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me for being a total noob at this, but I've got a WG311T that was also killed by the 10.6.3 update. But I don't understand your instructions on how to fix it..

I removed the AppleHPET kext and rebooted, but my airport is still dead. What else did I have to do?

Forgive me for being a total noob at this, but I've got a WG311T that was also killed by the 10.6.3 update. But I don't understand your instructions on how to fix it..

I removed the AppleHPET kext and rebooted, but my airport is still dead. What else did I have to do?

If not already done, install from here (http://netkas.org/?page_id=378) AtherosFix and other up to date kext in your /Extra/Extensions folder. Checks that within the content of AtherosFix the file info.plist holds your WG311T device id.

That is the in the IONAmeMatch of each section (32 and 64 bits) you should add or found:

<array>
  string>pci168c,13</string>
</array>

Reapir the extensions and build the mkext in E/E, all in one, with kextutility. Remove AppleHPET from /S/L/E. Remove all files within /S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup.

Reboot

• 2 months later...

Well my wg311t was recognized by 10.6.0. But after updating to 10.6.4 card was gone (actually it was gone in 10.6.0 after installing Chameleon). I tried removing appleHPET.kext but it doesn't work.

Help anyone?

• 2 months later...