Need DSDT Help

tamorgen

2 posts in this topic

No matter what I do, no matter what i use, I cannot get a DSDT to compile. I've tried iASLme, DSDT_patcher, and DSDTSE, and even if all I do is extract, and try to recompile, I get errors. Characters seem to change to unrecognizable text, values are invalid, all sorts of crazy stuff.

I have a DSDT that I got from another user that I've been trying to make an edit to. He has the exact same machine, same kexts, but on his laptop, the screen will auto dim when running on battery, mine will not. I found a possible fix, but I cannot get it to compile. Any advise you can give me? I'm getting really frustrated.

Also, I was wondering if the bootloader can cause this sort of behavior? I'm running Chameleon RC5 v112 now. I'm not entirely sure what the other individual is running. He used SnowX86 3.6 to install and doesn't know what bootloader it installed.

Here is the DSDT.aml file I've been trying to disassemble and recompile. Again, I'm not even doing anything to it before attempting to recompile it, and I get errors out the ying yang.

The code that I'd like to try to insert is below, but I can't even get the existing file to compile, let alone a file with new code.

Device (PNLF)	///Fixed
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
		Name (_CID, "backlight")
		Name (_UID, 0x0A)
		Name (_STA, 0x0B)
	}

You add it directly before the

Device (PCI0)

Thanks for any help you can give me.