Quartz Extreme - QuartzGL - Beam Sync

ezilagel

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

In Leopard, I was able to enable QuartzGL and disable Beam Sync via the terminal. Also, a trick was to open Quartz Debug, set the settings, then force quit. This allowed the settings to be kept without leaving the application open.

I understand there are some side effects of enabling/disabling these features, however the GUI speed improvement is remarkable. SL seems to get sluggish when I have high disk IO. This fixes this issue and all gui effects run smooth.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to get the settings to stick. Once the application closes, the settings revert back. None of the old command lines seem to work as well. I have noticed after opening quartz debug application that there are two executables. One is the application itself, the other is called server. The server executable seems to run, i figured maybe I could write a script to enable it with my settings, however I have no idea what it actual does. Has anyone made progress with enabling QuartzGL and disable Beam Sync permanently? Most topics on here refer to Leopard and as I said, they do not seem to work any longer.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really? No one has figured this out?

Hmm.. the only reason why I bother is because for some reason in 10.6.3, my dock/expose etc seem to run slower.. It appears random.. I have no idea why. QuartzGL fixes this.