HTPC Auto Start Plex, but Finder goes to front, help?

boomerx01

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have my hackintosh running perfectly as a HTPC but when it boots up and connects to the network drive (i have it auto doing that), and then launches Plex (www.plexapp.com - amazing system if anyone hasn't seen it), the FOCUS is on the Finder application.

I want the focus to be on Plex.

I was thinking I could make an Automator action to either delay plex from opening, or make something happen to where it puts the focus on the Plex app and NOT on the finder.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks!

Not sure what the problem is. I have Plex set to open after login. I have never had your issue. Are you sure you're not setting something else to open upon login that is causing the issue? Make sure in system preferences/accounts Plex is your last application to startup. Another thing to check is that Plex is set to fullscreen mode.

Another thing..

How did you setup your network share? Are you using fstab? Any other way besides fstab usually requires a folder with the share to open in the Finder. This could be the issue as well.

Not sure what the problem is. I have Plex set to open after login. I have never had your issue. Are you sure you're not setting something else to open upon login that is causing the issue? Make sure in system preferences/accounts Plex is your last application to startup. Another thing to check is that Plex is set to fullscreen mode.

I have a network drive set to auto mount which for some reason opens a new finder window. Even though I have it set to "hide' in my account/login items setup.

It would be working fine minus that issue.

Putting the drive in Accounts/Login is not the proper way to automount.

You need to add it to your fstab. If you need help, let me know. Also, is it SMB, AFP share?

it is another mac, so AFP I assume. How do you do the fstab?