Snow Leopard on MSI MS-7352, Q33 chipset

miomika

4 posts in this topic

Extra.zipDear Fellas!

EDIT:

Thnks to zemmo, i include a completely workng Extra folder, but SAtA problems same as sleep still remains. According to expolring, USB controlers are really buggy, so for succes boot, you must disable USB on board

So far, we reach the point where MOBO still partioally works, but just only with 2 sata channels.

I partialy manage to run Snow Leopard on that specific MoBo (you cannot find it on official MSI site) :D

The real machine is Compaq dx7400 with Intel Q33 chipset in ICH9, mine particualry configuration is Intel Quad core 2,6 and have 4 SATA channels, 6 GB RAM and nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO 384 DDR3 RAM.

I combined with that two methods:

1. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=209776

2. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183751

but result is alwyas tricky, sometimes I need to boot in verbose, sometimes boot with both verbose and ignore caches, sometimes SL hangs durnig boot and what is most buggy thing, I use improved AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext, and with that kext I only see 2 of my four SATA devices (optical drive included). Is it because Nothbridge/Southbrige!!???

On 10.5.8 that specific mobo works perfect with iAtkos, but here...it is PURE EXORCISM!!!!!!

What works:

Audio (ALC662)

Network (have spare PCI Realtek)

All USB ports

Nvidia GeForce 9600 GS0 (use NVenabler 64.kext)

NOT WORK:

SATA channels (just two of them, other two where is my DVD-RAM, not recognised)

Sleep Partialy (when I put my comp to sleep, it wakes on demand, but monitor is blank)

Boot (it is reaaly pain in the ass boot process)

The essential thing is that my BIOS is update to latest update from HP website (1.14) and in BIOS I dont have any options to configure SATA-ICH9 channel, just basic stuff, like FDD, Boot option, and native ports cofigs

I dont know what I do wrong, maybe my dsdt.aml. I patch my dsdt with a method on number 2 of method on a same computer, booted on Snow leopard via USA hard drive (maybe that is catch) or just just that lates driver dont load particular ICH9 channel or...maybe of transition of Merkur in third house...I dont know

So please, can you help me to solve my problem, so I can write gude a whole "cookbook" hot to install?

I Attached my EXTRA folder which I use to partialy boot, so maybe here is problem!!??

so, again...PLEASE HELP!!!!

Please HELP!!!!

...i am desperate :)