[HELP Needed] Intel DG35EC, Empire EFI unsuccessful story

a5hr1th

5 posts in this topic

After looking at this thread , I felt that DG35EC was the best motherboard for a Hackintosh setup.. I'm unable to get this to work inspite of multiple attempts.. Here's what I've done till now:

-Popped in the Empire EFI disk

-Connected the USB Drive to which I'd restored the Snow Leopard DMG earlier

-Installed successfully

-Boots on first run

-Stuck at 1024x768 resolution

-Kernel Panic on boot when I follow this guide

This is my first attempt to install Snow Leopard on this Motherboard, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get Snow Leopard to run on this system:

Intel DG35EC Motherboard

Intel Q8400 Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz Processor

4GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM

1TB HDD for the Snow Leopard install

SATA DVD Writer

NVIDIA 9400GT 1GB DDR2 Graphics Card - Unable to get this {censored} to work

Help would be appreciated ;)If someone would provide an insight on what kexts I need to use, I would be grateful !

I got the graphics card to work by using NVEnabler, but I have a new problem now:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin :start-wait For Service(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagme t) timed out

I also get that same line when booting from the Empire EFI disk, but it boots perfectly fine.. The moment I remove the disk and try to boot, I get stuck there.. And I also get the dreaded "Still waiting for root device" error after that line :(

Looks like I'm gonna be talking to myself here for a while..

Okay I have the exact same board but I used slipttees "exactly" the way he had the files. I even had to upgrade the bios. I have not had a windows machine since 1997 after I went MacOS.

Any way I read in the first part that you used "Empire EFI" why did you not use what he (slipttees) had. After I upgraded the bios it worked the first time. I have been loading Intel or Universal software (PSE6, Bibble 5 and now CS4 Extended) all legit. This set up rocks, I am really grateful what Slipttees did. The only software not working is Olympus Master and Studio but it IS software related; something about a "malformed kernel".

I have a 8600GS card works great with dual DVI. So I am thinking it may be something in how you installed, I know thats a PITA but I would follow and use his files.

Good Luck,

Lou Cioccio