VMware Fusion 3 very slow...DSDT help?

6 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Quick question, I have a retail install of Snow 10.6.2 on my Dell XPS 420. Everything works perfect except when I try to run VMWare Fusion 3, it runs extremely slowly. I've search the forum and found a DSDT file that is supposed to fix this problem. Unfortunately it's made for a Gigabyte motherboard (I think), so when I try to use it in place of my DSDT, I get a kernel panic.

The file in question is located here: DSDT File

Does anyone know what snippet of code fixes the issue, so I can implement it into my DSDT?? (see attachment)

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

dsdt.aml.zip

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I seem to suffer from the exact same sympthoms when trying to use VM Ware Fusion 3 or Parallels Desktop 5. 1 Core is at 100% for almost 1 minute, then it drops back and the WM is responding again for a few seconds, then it freezes again with 100% cpu and so on. This happens when I try to install a VM and also when I try to launch one (fusion and parallels). I presume there must be indeed a DSDT fix for this, but dunno which one. If anyone could help it would be great.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

did you manage to work out what you need in your DSDT to fix this? I have exactly the same problem.

Thanks,

Ed

I seem to suffer from the exact same sympthoms when trying to use VM Ware Fusion 3 or Parallels Desktop 5. 1 Core is at 100% for almost 1 minute, then it drops back and the WM is responding again for a few seconds, then it freezes again with 100% cpu and so on. This happens when I try to install a VM and also when I try to launch one (fusion and parallels). I presume there must be indeed a DSDT fix for this, but dunno which one. If anyone could help it would be great.

• 2 months later...
Hey Guys,

I FIXED IT! I had to apply the DSDT fix located here CLICK HERE

Here is my DSDT for anyone that needs it.

I now how everything 100% working in 10.6.3!

I confirm this DSDT fix completly fixed fusion VMware

I can now use my picoscope oscilloscope just fine (works great)

Thanks