Speedstep and other DSDT for older Asus boards (P5B)

vaderd

17 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I have patched the DSDT for my old Asus P5B-Deluxe with the basic stuff, but it's by far not up to date with recent developments. Are some of you guys still using this or similar boards and already have all the "new stuff" patched in?

I have included my current dsdt.dsl, which is not patched for SpeedStep etc.

I'll try to use some of the developments in the Gigabyte thread, but maybe someone has already done the work. Maybe we can share efforts.

EDIT: I have now included generic (it seems like there is no CPU specific PSS data in there) SpeedStep and AppleLPC support in my dsdt. Now my main task would be to remove all the unwanted stuff, clean it and rename devices to be more mac-like.

dsdt.txt

Hi all!

I have patched the DSDT for my old Asus P5B-Deluxe with the basic stuff, but it's by far not up to date with recent developments. Are some of you guys still using this or similar boards and already have all the "new stuff" patched in?

I have included my current dsdt.dsl, which is not patched for SpeedStep etc.

I'll try to use some of the developments in the Gigabyte thread, but maybe someone has already done the work. Maybe we can share efforts.

EDIT: I have now included generic (it seems like there is no CPU specific PSS data in there) SpeedStep and AppleLPC support in my dsdt. Now my main task would be to remove all the unwanted stuff, clean it and rename devices to be more mac-like.

if have too collected some patches from different sources ( the generic speedstep thread, the p5k thread )

and it seems to be a good board, cause no big things needed to be patched.

• 2 months later...
Anything new with your DSDT? I have the same mobo and just trying to solve some last issues by patching my DSDT. Would be nice if you could post your probably patched DSDT.

here you are, but be careful

DSDT is Bios, CPU and board dependent,

so compare it with your extracted DSDT ( DiffMerge does this job greatly)

can upload only with .txt suffix change it into .aml

dsdt.txt

you´re welcome

post yours, when you´re done.

By now I did just remove some Devices according to Master Chiefs thread and fixed shutdown to work OOB. Nothing special, though. Still hoping for someone to help me patch P5B DSDT.

• 2 weeks later...

Im at the same point with my hackintosh. I installed it to 10.6.3 on Saturday.

I have an ASUS P5BW-LA. HP OEM w/Q6600 (it came with a C2D) HP Media Center M7780N

The Bios does not recognize the CPU properly (And there is no way to adjust any value for the CPU or Hpet64)

This is my dsdt.dsl dsdt.zip

Its lacking Speedstep. (I have tried, highly need) <----- HELP HERE PLEASE! CPU Temp Over 60c Idling

No resume from sleep (USB power restart issue) (dont need it, would like to have it)

Besides that, the system is working wonderfully.

Any ideas, or help on how to make this one better, would be wonderful.

Install Method: [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]+[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. Customized. (Macpro1,1) Works as anything but Macpro4,1. Audio is Choppy with iMac11,1

• 5 months later...

to refresh the Topic

my latest DSDT, with all necessities for the P5B (with Q9450)

Speedstep ( Penryn Profiles loaded)

SMBus ( till now no idea what we could need it)

LPC ( necesarry for Speedstep)

Shutdown/Sleep without kexts

no Graphic Card added ( Efi String is still a good and fast bootable way)

!!! change Suffix from .txt to .aml

dsdt.txt

Speedstep ( Penryn Profiles loaded)

SMBus ( till now no idea what we could need it)

LPC ( necesarry for Speedstep)

Shutdown/Sleep without kexts

Use Chameleon RC5 --> Native Power Management and Restart fix

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I applied some patches missing

dsdt.aml_T.zip

HID/CID

IRQs(pic and tmr)

REMOVE

RENAMED

FIX WARNINGS

• Like 1

Use Chameleon RC5 --> Native Power Management and Restart fix

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
				   <string>Yes</string>
				   <key>GenerateCStates</key>
				   <string>Yes</string>

Doesn't work for me :D

With that i have that during the boot:

Nov 17 19:03:10 frnzs-iMac kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST did not return a package

Nov 17 19:03:10: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Nov 17 19:03:10 frnzs-iMac kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

And one more problem, that I can't get sleep to work. Actually it works well, if I unplug all usb devices (I mean including mouse and keyboard) If don't unplug them - I have instant wake-up after clicking "Sleep".

I have Asus p5b, Core 2 Quad Q9400, 2 kexts in extra - fakesmc and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, and patched DSDT. (This one with cpu CST-PSS fix which is not working too :huh: )

Can somebody help me to get sleep and powermanagement working?

/Sorry for my English, I'm russian/

wow, I'm sorry, speedstep works, thx for that :) But what can I do to get normal Sleep?

Here is my carefully edited DSDT - DSDT.aml.zip

Well, removing methods _PRW, _S3D, _PSW from all usb devices made me happy :) Everything works fine, except waking up only with power button, but it has no importance for me. If it can help somebody, this is my fully working decompiled dsdt for Asus p5b (not deluxe or something else, just p5b). Thank's for speedstep :)

DSDT.txt

Well, removing methods _PRW, _S3D, _PSW from all usb devices made me happy :blink: Everything works fine, except waking up only with power button, but it has no importance for me. If it can help somebody, this is my fully working decompiled dsdt for Asus p5b (not deluxe or something else, just p5b). Thank's for speedstep :(

DSDT.txt

dsdt.frnz.zip

REMOVE

RENAME

SBUS

• 3 years later...