Powerbook G4 + Leopard (install problem)

schizzo p

2 posts in this topic

I know there have been a few posts about this subject but I still need advice. According to the "Read Before You Install" document on the DVD the system requirements are:

Mac computer with....an Intel processor OR PowerPC G4 (867 MHz or faster) OR G5 processor

at least 512 MB of RAM

9 GB of disk space

My Powerbook G4 17" 1.33 GHz fulfills all these requirements and yet I still get the "Cannot install on this computer" message.

Would the disk show these requirements if it was only designed for Intel machines?

Has anyone with similar setup found an answer to this problem, I'd appreciate knowing what's going on.

Many Thanks, Schizzo

• 3 weeks later...
I know there have been a few posts about this subject but I still need advice. According to the "Read Before You Install" document on the DVD the system requirements are:

Mac computer with....an Intel processor OR PowerPC G4 (867 MHz or faster) OR G5 processor

at least 512 MB of RAM

9 GB of disk space

My Powerbook G4 17" 1.33 GHz fulfills all these requirements and yet I still get the "Cannot install on this computer" message.

Would the disk show these requirements if it was only designed for Intel machines?

Has anyone with similar setup found an answer to this problem, I'd appreciate knowing what's going on.

Many Thanks, Schizzo

Make sure you are not using an Copied Version from an intel mac or Other Mac , Otherwize try booting from the disc its self , hold down ALT whist booting and select the disc manualy , see if that helps .. otherwize ive no idea what the issue could be ,

Sorry

Emma x