MacDrive users: update to new version 6.1.4 !

BuXb

11 posts in this topic

MacDrive is tooo resource hogging types. I only use my XP for games so I steer clear of such programs. If they could make a simple driver to do this, it would be great. ext2fs does a great job.

I have used to once to replace the kernel on of my mac instals.

How you can Format/view a HFS partition on XP with macdrive?
just install it - after reboot you have full write access to your Mac OS X HFS partition (not just view). It is not possible to format a partition . However you can format an entire disk with Mac HFS filesystem. Link to Media4 in the topmost posting.

Genrally its too sugar coated, start up program, taskbar icon. I prefer simple programs that do the job. Also Macdrive is not very stable either. Those are two simple signs of bloatware

Your description is very superficial. It's the device driver (loaded @ Win startup) that does the job. The start up items are optional - they are e.g for people that are new to MacDrive. With two clicks everybody can switch them off; Mac data storage will remain completely accessible.

MacDrive has NEVER unstablized my Systems on various PCs in the last 10 years. Only exception: using the newer 6.1.x versions only when OVERWRITING already existing files on the HFS partition on my Harddisk. No wonder, because till some months ago it was absolutley impossible to have a HFS partition on one's HD, so Media4 had no playground for testing such configurations. However, they solved these crashes really quickly with the most recent update.

There is only ONE other "competitor" that offers a device driver - MacOpener. And that app has not been developed in ages and does NOT display HFS partitons on a HD mixed with Windows partitions (at least it does not here, I tried it).

Transmac is a different ballgame (no device driver) and cannot be compared with MacDrive/ MacOpener.

PS: How long, please, will it take iPartiton to be compatible with our mixed Win/Linux/Mac configs here? I hope they succeed in adding compatibility to their product as speedily as Media4 has just done.