MB-X58I-CH19 - Problems to boot installer

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

These days I upgraded my PC, and then, wanted to try again to install Mac OS x86. I tried to download the "Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_Intel_AMD_made_by_Hazard" version (which seems to have the kexts for my MB), but after the "press any button to boot into Darwin or F8 for other startup options" screen, the Apple boot screen flashes for less than a sec, and then my computer just reboots (tried to put "-v" into boot options, nothing appears about errors). I want to know if there are any commands to make it enter to the installation screen. Specs:

Motherboard: MB-X58I-CH19 from XFX (X58 Chipset)

Processor: Intel Core i7 920

RAM: 6GB DDR3

Video Card: Nvidia 9600 GT 1GB RAM

Thanks in advance.

P.S.:I don't have a way to burn, or put into a flash drive, an ISO with more than 4.7GB.

P.S.:Sorry if this is a noob post, and sorry for any English mistakes, I'm not a native speaker.

EDIT: Recorded a video of the boot messages; below is a screencap of right before the reboot:

qy7ptl.png

Well... I just tried to both update my BIOS, and to use another "distro" (in case, SnowOSX Universal v3.5 (10.6) ), but neither helped. The former didn't affect the boot of the installer (still reboots), and the latter does like the Hazard version. Does anyone have an idea of what's happening, and what can I do? Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You won't believe this... I found the solution! :(

--------EDIT--------

IMPORTANT!! USE THE IATKOS DISTRO

---------------------

--------EDIT 2--------

If you want to dual boot (with windows 7 for example) Easiest way to acomplish this is to use 2 HD's and use the first one for OSX86 and the second for Windows. (OSX can be a pain in the a** because it wants to be the first)

---------------------

Change this in the bios:

-Change CPU Cores to "1"

-Turn Hyperthreading Off

-Under the Advanced tab go to drive configuration and change IDE to AHCI (with our motherboards it's under a different tab, I'm not at home so I can't check now)

After the installation you can change the CPU cores back to "All"

Then select these settings when you get to the installation:

-Chameleon Boot Loader (uncheck PC EFI V9)

-Apple Decrypt

-DSMos

-SMBIOS-EFI

-SMBIOS-Enabler

-AppleSMBIOS-28

-9.5.0 FASSL Kernel

-X86 ACPI

-DISABLER.KEXT

-Graphics Update

-NVKush (depends on what graphics card you use)

-Intel SATA

-Intel AHCI Sata

Worked perfectly for me! :)

For the original post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t189712.html

Credits go to: Juiceman

------------------------- If you got any questions just post them here so others can learn ;-) ------------------------------

• 3 months later...