ACPI

5 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm trying to get full acpi support for my laptop so that I can let the machine sleep and actually have it wake up when I'm ready to use it again. At the present time I cannot wake the machine out of sleep. ACPI will also enable me to adjust the audio.

I've tried booting with the platform=ACPI command, but I get no success. Any ideas???

Specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-T350p

Intel Pentium M 753 @ 1.2ghz

512mb of RAM

Intel 82855GME chipset.

i have the same issue with my Intel D915GAG desktop.

I'm using the platform=acpi|x86pc boot parameter but no joy.

I have an old usb imac keyboard so i have a functional power button to bring up the sleep/shutdown dialog box, but there is no response to my trying to wake it up from sleep using the keyboard.

also when it does enter sleep, my dell p910 screen dimms and goes very yellowish, but doesn't enter power saving mode.

I'm using the platform=acpi|x86pc boot parameter but no joy.

no, no, no. the '|' char means logical OR, so you have the choice between platform =acpi or platform=x86pc. the platform parameter defaults to acpi if it hasn't defined or the defintion is invalid.

the ACPI implementation of most mainboards is simply rubbish. so if the ACPI modes don't work, it's the fault of your mainboard's vendor. your best shot is to update your BIOS to the latest version, but the chances that this will fix the ACPI issues are slim.

no, no, no. the '|' char means logical OR, so you have the choice between platform =acpi or platform=x86pc. the platform parameter defaults to acpi if it hasn't defined or the defintion is invalid.

the ACPI implementation of most mainboards is simply rubbish. so if the ACPI modes don't work, it's the fault of your mainboard's vendor. your best shot is to update your BIOS to the latest version, but the chances that this will fix the ACPI issues are slim.

I think this person is using them exclusively :(. For the sake of posting he/she used | to signify that neither switch seems to really do anything. Anyway, updating the bios is always worth a shot, but I don't I'll see any chances. Hell I can't even find an update :/

I think this person is using them exclusively :). For the sake of posting he/she used | to  signify that neither switch seems to really do anything. Anyway, updating the bios is always worth a shot, but I don't I'll see any chances. Hell I can't even find an update :/

both right! I have tried both with no joy, ând have left the parameter as posted, till i have good reason to change it.

Also i have the latest v444 bios on my intel 915 MB. I read about a v450 bios for the x86macs. don't s'pose we'll find one of them knockin' about.