Yes it is another G5 mod hackintosh :)

ronsega

5 posts in this topic

Thanks to the abundant information and ideas on this forum I have finished my G5 mod hackintosh.

Specs:

i7 920

6GB Corsair tripple channel

GA-X58-UD5

nVidia GTX 285

SL 10.6.2 64-bit

On to the pics:

Went from having a hole in the back

IMG_7509.jpg

With an Lian Li ATX mobo tray fused together, here freshly painted

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_7568.JPG

IMG_7566.JPG

Desktop:

Screen%20shot%202009-12-27%20at%209_31_01%20PM.png

IMG_0847.jpg

Some G5 Front I/O wire harness to USB/FW/PWR BTTN/PWR LED/AUDIO headers cables. Used one for my hackintosh and Made a few for others.

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

One thing I would have definitely done different is to plan for better air flow/circulation. CPU hovers around between 39C and 41C, as high to 49C under mild load. Also add more HD space/rack, more front I/O ports and better placement of PSU and PSU Plug.

I have another G5 case which I plan on doing these improvements on and possibly keeping the titanium silver color.

Magnificent "fusion" work on the rear, honest.

If I might give a suggestion, get the power supply out of its case and cover it with an extra grill after providing it with enough albeit silent ventilation.

By the way, if you manage to get the perfect metal colour, please share with us the knowledge about which brand and type of paint you used.

I'm absolutely in love with the rework of the back, totally pro *_*

I did want to keep it the original silver but I didn't really spend much time trying to find a paint that matched. Silver is hard to match as is. But given my case had some exterior blemishes I decided to just paint all black.

I'll definitely consider the PSU suggestion, that way gives it a cleaner look :)

Magnificent "fusion" work on the rear, honest.

If I might give a suggestion, get the power supply out of its case and cover it with an extra grill after providing it with enough albeit silent ventilation.

By the way, if you manage to get the perfect metal colour, please share with us the knowledge about which brand and type of paint you used.

I'm absolutely in love with the rework of the back, totally pro *_*