iDeneb 10.5.7 - System.log taking up A LOT of space

Gutshawt

3 posts in this topic

I installed iDeneb 10.5.7 on my system and it was working flawlessly until I realized a couple days later I only had 4gb left on my HD. I looked into the problem and found out that my private folder was HUGE. I realized that the system.log was rewriting this every second:

Jan 18 15:27:27 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kernel[0]: FEDE Casteo a IOAABUSCommand64

Jan 18 15:27:27 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kernel[0]: FEDE Obtengo el comaqndo DMA

Jan 18 15:27:27 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kernel[0]: FEDE obtengo el descriptor de memoria

Jan 18 15:27:27 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kernel[0]: FEDE entro al ciclo

Jan 18 15:27:27 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kernel[0]: FEDE genero 32IOVMSegments

Jan 18 15:27:27 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kernel[0]: FEDE - AppleNForceATA: createChannelCommands( 0x3a2fe00)

So I figured it has to do with the AppleNForceATA driver. On the iDeneb cd there are 2 of these drivers, one that says AppleNForceATA and AppleNForceATA test. I reinstalled with the 2nd driver (test) and it stopped that problem, BUT when try to install Autodesk 2010 (which I need in my life!), I get a kernel panic.

Since the only problem I found with the first driver is the rewriting in the system log, I was wondering if there was a way to just stop the system from writing in the system log completely? Or if there are any better alternatives to this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm noob