[SEARCH] Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet BCM5764

Hobbele

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm looking for the Broadcom BCM5764 Ethernet Kext (SL 10.6.2) but i can't find them!

has anyone a kext who Works!?

mfg hobbeLe

Sorry 4 my bad english o_0

ACER Aspire 8940G Laptop

CPU: Intel Core i7-720QM (4x 1.6GHz / 6MB / 2.5Ghz FSB)

Chipset: Intel PM55

RAM: 2x 2GB DDR3-SDRAM 1066Mhz (PC3-8500)

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT240M 1024 MB

WLAN: Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN

LAN: Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet BCM5764

SATA: Intel® PCHM SATA AHCI Controller 6Port

Sound: Realtek ALC889 (NVIDIA GT216 - High Definition Audio Controller)

• 1 month later...

I've finally got Snow Leopard installed and most items working, full resolution and QE, sound, wifi (different card)

But I have 3 problems

The first, my SD card reader doesn't work

Second, my ethernet doesn't work. I've tried the attached kext but it doesn't give me an interface.

Third, and most troubling.

After surfing the web for some time on the 8940, the mouse will stutter a few times over a few minutes. Then, the screen will turn completely red and the laptop freezes.

If nothing else, please help me with the last one.

Thanks so much!!

Try to add an interface manually, if it appears in the add list then it is working.

I have the exact same notebook (Acer Aspire 8940G) and the network interface works but has lots of packet errors.

I used VoodooBattery and VoodooPowerACPI to get battery meter and power management working, but I also have the red screen freezing problem. I think that the GTS250M drivers from apple are not completely compatible (this only happens if you have QE/CI enabled and is related to OpenGL).

I have a modified Natit.kext to show the correct graphics card with 1GB memory and AppleAHCIPort.kext to reflect the correct SATA controller. Also the latest fakesmc.kext will show the temps for all the CPU's.

One other thing, you need to use EFI 10.6 as if you dont the clock will run at 1.5:1.

If you want me to post the kexts here I can.

Tarquin

Try to add an interface manually, if it appears in the add list then it is working.

I have the exact same notebook (Acer Aspire 8940G) and the network interface works but has lots of packet errors.

I used VoodooBattery and VoodooPowerACPI to get battery meter and power management working, but I also have the red screen freezing problem. I think that the GTS250M drivers from apple are not completely compatible (this only happens if you have QE/CI enabled and is related to OpenGL).

I have a modified Natit.kext to show the correct graphics card with 1GB memory and AppleAHCIPort.kext to reflect the correct SATA controller. Also the latest fakesmc.kext will show the temps for all the CPU's.

One other thing, you need to use EFI 10.6 as if you dont the clock will run at 1.5:1.

If you want me to post the kexts here I can.

Tarquin

Posting the kexts you are using would help me out a ton! Thanks Tarquin.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...