motherboard woes

5 posts in this topic

I recently changed my motherboard from MSI K8N Neo-V to MSI K8N Neo-V 2.0. OSX worked perfectly on K8N Neo-V but not in MSI K8N Neo-V 2.0. Gfx card is radeon 9200, 512mb ram, and a sempron 2800+ (no SSE3)

MSI K8N Neo-V uses a VIA chipset while MSI K8N Neo-V 2.0 uses a Nforce3 250 chipset.

Now, for some reason, there is no sound. System info says it couldnt detect a soundcard when the sound chip used is in the HCL list in the wiki (RealTek ALC655)

Ethernet is detected but OSX dosent connect online. Ethernet chip supported too, according to wiki (10/100 Fast LAN by Realtek 8100C) [This problem is also present in ubuntu 6.06]

So um, can anyone help? Or at least some explanination on what's going on? Supported but unsupported :D

oh btw my OSX is the myzar 10.4.5 patched version.

Yeah, i get the same problem, NIC is recognised but dosnt function, You probly need to do some wierd terminal code to get it going but i dont know, Iv'e asked for help with this before but didnt get any reply as of yet, so hopefully somone else can help.

Sigh...I really dont know what to do anymore.

can anyone please tell me whats going on, the supported becomes the unsupported all of a sudden? My OSX is also really slow due to the nforce3 and radeon combo.

*prays for a solution*