ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 Full Res [No QE/CI]

SilentViper

87 posts in this topic

Hi,

thank you for your advice.

Unfortunately, nothing helped, I disabled everything related to grafics (all the ATI-kexts, -plugins, Nvidia-stuff etc., AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer and AppleGraphicsController), rebuilt cache and permissions, but the result was the same.

Do you have an idea, what I can do next?

Thank you!

Raphael

Hi,

thank you for your advice.

Unfortunately, nothing helped, I disabled everything related to grafics (all the ATI-kexts, -plugins, Nvidia-stuff etc., AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer and AppleGraphicsController), rebuilt cache and permissions, but the result was the same.

Do you have an idea, what I can do next?

Thank you!

Raphael

All I can say is that I have a display on my internal screen using only radeonhd.kext. I don't use secondary monitors, so I can not explain what has to be done.

My Laptop has a BIOS option for Display "internal LCD only" or "automatic", its set to automatic.

I have a FN+F5 Key combo that lets me toggle screens.

kextwise you have done all you can, so see the options for your laptop. If else fails, I am afraid "silentviper" is right in guessing that radeonhd can only output to one screen at a time.

• 3 weeks later...

if you did this backwards you probably are at least able to boot into Shell mode with -s and move the proper files back so that you can redo the process /FORWARDS/ and achieve the proper result.

if you can't boot into shell mode, what you can likely do is boot up a distro disc and open up terminal from utilities and cd into /Volumes/**YOUR DRIVE**/System/Library/Extensions/ and move the files back to their original spots. unless you trashed them. then your pretty well screwed unless you copy them from /System/Library/Extensions/ over to /Volumes/**YOUR DRIVE**/System/Library/Extensions/

• 4 weeks later...
My Mobility 4650 works fine now. all resolutions available

with dong's driver http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586 use the December 18th update

Move ATIRadeonX2000.kext to an non-functional spot

such as:

sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.back

then reboot with -x

boot in and run

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and change

to

will post screenshot in a minute

screenshot.jpg

EDIT: 10.6.2 Does Work but you need to boot in 32 bit with

-x32

do NOT inject GraphicsEnabler=Yes you will end up in Vesa Graphics Mode

SV

i got the kext to work and reboot in safe mode. I typed in the command in terminal but as soon as the password section pop up my keyboard was gone....I couldn't type in the password to go to the next step. Now my system won't boot anymore just frozed. Any suggestions..Thanks in advance

SV

i got the kext to work and reboot in safe mode. I typed in the command in terminal but as soon as the password section pop up my keyboard was gone....I couldn't type in the password to go to the next step. Now my system won't boot anymore just frozed. Any suggestions..Thanks in advance

Your keyboard and graphics card are two separate things. if you keyboard died that's not involved with what you did to the graphics card

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...