Network showing self assigned ip

Rhys_Pieces

3 posts in this topic

I re-installed Snow after a disastrous week. Before it was solid and everything worked.

My specs are: EP45-ud3r

C2D 2.8Ghz

2 Gb DDR2 800

Now weird thing is this as i said everythink worked before however now i get aq self assigned ip address but the router says it sees the machine and issued a valid ip.

I am unable to browse obviously and i am frustrated as it works when i boot into linux which is only other system i have access to so it doesnt seem to be a hardware issue.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. I installed using usb method and ud3r package from lifehacker that i used before, just giving as much info as possible hoping someone can help.

• 1 month later...
I re-installed Snow after a disastrous week. Before it was solid and everything worked.

My specs are: EP45-ud3r

C2D 2.8Ghz

2 Gb DDR2 800

Now weird thing is this as i said everythink worked before however now i get aq self assigned ip address but the router says it sees the machine and issued a valid ip.

I am unable to browse obviously and i am frustrated as it works when i boot into linux which is only other system i have access to so it doesnt seem to be a hardware issue.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. I installed using usb method and ud3r package from lifehacker that i used before, just giving as much info as possible hoping someone can help.

I'm having this exact same issue. It's been working fine for four months now, and all of a sudden today I reboot and I can't get an IP address. I've verified that everything is working fine on the hardware level -- Booted a Linux CD and it browses just fine. At my wit's end here ;)

• 3 weeks later...