VT1708B - ASUS M3N78

ArthurKK

3 posts in this topic

Hello, the past 2 days were spent trying countless ways to install may sound card.

I tried

VoodooHDA, different versions and architectures.

AppleHDA(HDAPatcher doesn't work)

Azalia

in different combinations, by adding my own hex code in plist and so on. Right now I am really confused. Nothing works, somewhere I may have mistaken or the methods and kexts I tried really aren't working with my sound card, I also tried all the above listed kexts in different BIOS configurations (External Codec Only, External+Internal[VoodooHDA panics like that], Front Panel AC97, Front Panel HDA[voodoohda actually sees somethings there, device 0 no pcm channels found])

Right not there's a big mash in my head, I don't from which side to take it. I have a linux codec dump for my VT1708B(attached), what are the following steps:

- hex the file

- ..... I am lost here,

how can I manually create a kext to install and what sould I use, AppleHDA or VoodooHDA.

Can someone create that kext file and upload(that would be to easy for me)

I think that after I solve this I will try to make a very comprehensive tutorial for my mobo + nVidia GTS250 512DDR3 so that people won't have to go through the headaches that I did/do.

Any advice or pointing in a certain direction is helpfull, THANKS A LOT.

My configuration is:

Running Snow 10.6.2 + test7 kernel on:

ASUS M3N78

(specs: http://www.deusxmachina.org/manual.pdf

Audio Chipset: VT1708B High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC (dead, no hope)

)

--------------

AMD Athlon x2 Black Edition 7750 2.7GHz AM2+ 3MB Cache

--------------

Palit nVidia GTS 250 512MB DDR3 (works with GFX UTIL patch)

--------------

2x2GB GeIL Ultra DDR2 800MHz

--------------

Seagate 80GB

codec_dump.txt

I also have a windows 7 on my other hdd, and although I reseted to default all the BIOS settings, the audio won't work in windows 7 now... the only thing available in W7 is HMDI Audio.

So apparently I physically broke me external codec in all my attempts(if that's even possible), that is just great!

EDIT: MY windows was stupid, audio works, it must have been confused that I meddled with the BIOS settings, audio works in Windows again

EDIT2: MY windows was stupid, audio works, it must have been confused that I meddled with the BIOS settings, audio works in Windows again

• 1 year later...
Hello, the past 2 days were spent trying countless ways to install may sound card.

I tried

VoodooHDA, different versions and architectures.

AppleHDA(HDAPatcher doesn't work)

Azalia

in different combinations, by adding my own hex code in plist and so on. Right now I am really confused. Nothing works, somewhere I may have mistaken or the methods and kexts I tried really aren't working with my sound card, I also tried all the above listed kexts in different BIOS configurations (External Codec Only, External+Internal[VoodooHDA panics like that], Front Panel AC97, Front Panel HDA[voodoohda actually sees somethings there, device 0 no pcm channels found])

Right not there's a big mash in my head, I don't from which side to take it. I have a linux codec dump for my VT1708B(attached), what are the following steps:

- hex the file

- ..... I am lost here,

how can I manually create a kext to install and what sould I use, AppleHDA or VoodooHDA.

Can someone create that kext file and upload(that would be to easy for me)

I think that after I solve this I will try to make a very comprehensive tutorial for my mobo + nVidia GTS250 512DDR3 so that people won't have to go through the headaches that I did/do.

Any advice or pointing in a certain direction is helpfull, THANKS A LOT.

My configuration is:

Running Snow 10.6.2 + test7 kernel on:

ASUS M3N78

(specs: http://www.deusxmachina.org/manual.pdf

Audio Chipset: VT1708B High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC (dead, no hope)

)

--------------

AMD Athlon x2 Black Edition 7750 2.7GHz AM2+ 3MB Cache

--------------

Palit nVidia GTS 250 512MB DDR3 (works with GFX UTIL patch)

--------------

2x2GB GeIL Ultra DDR2 800MHz

--------------

Seagate 80GB

Pure curiosity, i have the same board, and i CANNOT for the life of me find any version of 10.6 or higher of Snow Leo to install..... could you PM please???? or tell me the version of whatever snow leo that you used????? I AM AT About to throw this frikkin thing out the Frikkin window. I have Tried EVERYTHING!!! thank you. I am also having trouble installing audio on this mobo, but i will figure it out. If i am not mnistaken i have gotten this audio to work at one time.