How do i install mac os on Hp Pavilion p6110f Desktop?

3 posts in this topic

:( Hay guys love you site btw. I was wondering how i could install mac os on my HP Pavilion p6110f desktop computer? I just want to know if mac OS will support everything in this PC cause i don't want to try to install it and screw something up that's a bad choice. Here is the specs of my PC.

System Manufacturer: HP -Pavilion

System Model: NY428AA-ABA p6110f

BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/06/09 11:31:10 Ver: 5.39

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Page file: 2192MB used, 10073MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display

Name: Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Sound

Name: (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Well i think that sums up all the specs i got and its brand new just barely got it. If someone can please help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks and Happy Holidays! :P

• 6 months later...

I've been banging my head against my desk trying to get Snow Leopard up and running on the very same system for about 8 months now. Great computer, I just really would love to run OS X on it.

My system is running 7 gigs of ram and I added a newer nVidia video card, as well as four additional hard drives; other than that the system is OEM.

I've done around forty installs - seriously - and the best I've managed is getting the "SnowLeo" distro to install and boot... sort of. If you try this one, be sure to use the -v and cpus=1 flags, otherwise the installer will crash while loading. It has two kernels to choose from, Chocolate and another one whose name I cannot remember for the life of me all the sudden. The Chocolate kernel won't work with this mobo; use the other kernel.

I think my problem at this point is that none of the available nVidia kext injectors like my particular video card. As soon as the "Welcome" movie starts to play, playback slows to a major crawl. About five minutes later the first screen of the user account setup pops up and that's when the system freezes.

I haven't tried an install using the HP's onboard Intel video yet but in my experience with a few other laptops and desktops, OS X doesn't play well with Intel video.

I noticed the original post was from the end of last year; I wonder if the poster has made any further progress?

I've been banging my head against my desk trying to get Snow Leopard up and running on the very same system for about 8 months now. Great computer, I just really would love to run OS X on it.

My system is running 7 gigs of ram and I added a newer nVidia video card, as well as four additional hard drives; other than that the system is OEM.

I've done around forty installs - seriously - and the best I've managed is getting the "SnowLeo" distro to install and boot... sort of. If you try this one, be sure to use the -v and cpus=1 flags, otherwise the installer will crash while loading. It has two kernels to choose from, Chocolate and another one whose name I cannot remember for the life of me all the sudden. The Chocolate kernel won't work with this mobo; use the other kernel.

I think my problem at this point is that none of the available nVidia kext injectors like my particular video card. As soon as the "Welcome" movie starts to play, playback slows to a major crawl. About five minutes later the first screen of the user account setup pops up and that's when the system freezes.

I haven't tried an install using the HP's onboard Intel video yet but in my experience with a few other laptops and desktops, OS X doesn't play well with Intel video.

I noticed the original post was from the end of last year; I wonder if the poster has made any further progress?

Solid, you would get past that problem with the loading video by running your first boot with "-f -x -v". It skips the Welcome video.