10.4.6 HotISO

10 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone. First of all, thanks for taking your time to help me.

I've downloaded 10.4.6 HotISO DVD, which ppl say is a clone of JAS's Install DVD (is that true?).

I'm having a little problem booting it. Whenever I try to boot, I get a gray multilanguage screen telling me to reboot my computer.

I don't know if I have to patch the Kernel to support my CPU. My processor is a Prescott P4 3.0GHz, no NX/XD, has SSE3. My mobo does support PAE and I'm running 10.4.4 normally.

Is there any No-NX/XD patch that I should have applyed? Same problem happened to me with 10.4.5 Myzar's DVD.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Adalberto.

Yes, that release is exactly the same as JaS's initial 10.4.6 release (minus his PPF1 patch, which fixed a couple of minor problems some people had with it). The PPF1 patch wouldn't fix the problem you are having though. That release should work just fine on your machine. Are you sure that the image burned correctly?

What does the PPF1 patch fix exactly? I'm having problems (if you read my thread) with my HOTiSO install, I grabbed a Maxxus 1.0a from another DVD I had and tried to patch and got an error.

Topic creator: Are you having problems booting the installer? Or your installation?

Well... A DVD-R media didn't solve the problem.

Did a -v and what I'm getting is a CPU Kernel Panic. (Is this kernel really patched for non NX/XD processors?)

I'm attaching a picture with the error. (sorry for the blur... Took it with my cell phone).

Thanks again for the help.

post-17086-1151445056_thumb.jpg

I have the same exact problem. I've set up my partitions and when I boot from the DVD with the OS X .iso, it gives me the multi-language restart screen. So, naturally, I restart, but to no avail; the same screen appears.

CPU: P4 Northwood 3.00GHz MMX, SSE, SSE2

(do I need a patch or something [where can I find said patch {how do I install it?}?]?)