Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[Request] Hardware subforum for notebooks

3 posts in this topic

What about a such subforum? Notebooks have specifuc iussues.

There are lots of request for working notebooks suggestions, or help for drive iussues!

I think it could help divide notebooks and desktop components.

What about?

I would also appreciate a Notebook section. It's quite easy to find desktop hackintosh components, but finding a recent QE enabled notebook is much harder. I've tried reworking the Wiki's portable HCL list with QE/no QE badges. Also I've posted a thread with Macbook alternatives.

In my opinion Apple forces their vendors to give them unique graphic adapters for Macbooks, which are not sold in other notebooks, to prevent Hackbooks.

I think Apple tolerates netbooks with osx86 because there exists no similar product (aside the ipad).

Please add a notebook section! A big amount of new devices sold are portable computers.