No Keyboard (USB/PS2) Or Mouse (USB) Support?

PoolSki

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, searched the forum for a while and was unable to solve my problem, it seems the installation (JaS) only boots on my dual core Opteron setup with my DFI Lanparty board.. Starts up with command prompt darwin x86 etc and i hit enter.. boots and goes thru the loading screens.. finally it asks me what language.. and this is where my keyboard or mouse does not respond.. i don't know if i select the SSE2/3 options after that or before? but i haven't seen any options from before.. anybody have a tutorial with screenshots? Thanks for the help!

Hey guys, searched the forum for a while and was unable to solve my problem, it seems the installation (JaS) only boots on my dual core Opteron setup with my DFI Lanparty board.. Starts up with command prompt darwin x86 etc and i hit enter.. boots and goes thru the loading screens.. finally it asks me what language.. and this is where my keyboard or mouse does not respond.. i don't know if i select the SSE2/3 options after that or before? but i haven't seen any options from before.. anybody have a tutorial with screenshots? Thanks for the help!

I have the same frikin problem, and no body is helpful on it.....so fustrating

My specs:

DFI-Xpert

Opteron 165

1 Gb OCZ Platinum

NEC 3520a

100 gb IDE Drive

XFX 6800gt

and any config of USB and PS2 KB/Mouse, non-work!

Okay, are you using a USB mouse? If you aren't, PS2 support doesn't work so well with OS X.

If you have a PS2 Keyboard + USB mouse, just use the mouse to get through the initial setup, then if you search the forums here there is a workaround to getting the keyboard working.

Yea i tried everything, but i got it figured out.

1. Restore Optimized Defaults

2. Disable the USB support for Mouse and Keyboard.

3. If you are going to install to ide, disable the sata for the intallation, makes it goes faster.

However now i got a problem i finisht the install it gets to reboot thing and the circle status indicator keeps going round and round. No Hard Disk activity or any sign of progress, i left it alone for 2 hours then pulled the plug. And although its installed it wont boot: Sytem eroor insert system disk, no boot loadere my guess???

Ok here are more details:

All SATA disabled

1 IDE cable: Samsung 120gb-master, DVD-slave

The Samsung HD was booted into using Backtrack Linux Livecd

using Fdisk deleted existing partitions

created 1 partition -set to primary

changed type to af

applied settings

Booted into OSX Installer 10.4.6 Hotiso

MS/kb both ps2, Used disk utility erased the one partition

Back into installer chose that partition

Customized: Chose the first one (says to use it if u have intel or amd chip) + amd base, sse3, + decrypt files for amd as well

Deslected Languages, and printers xcept hp

Install goes thru

Gets to reboot and hangs (2 hours)

so i Press power off button

power up again, boot from ide, get "disk error"

ok....

i enable my sata, boot into windows

i get teskdisk from http://www.cgsecurity.org

run it and check the partition table for mac, says "invalid block 0 signature" and says following partition cant be recovered

check the intel/pc partition using same tool, says partition is not bootable, shows the partition as HFS

quit the testdisk reboot into ide - same error

i also got the same error when i had 2 partitions with windows, as 1st and osx as 2nd, both primary, id get tot the os choice, if i chose windows i would get a dll error(whihc was not there b4 install of osx) if i chose osx, it would reboot

Could it be that it does not like the disk size? i have a 80 gig ima plop in and try now, I dont need dual boot so only one partition.

I will also check the disk for errors using Spinrite, maybe the disk is bad??? We'll findo out after the 80 gig

OKAY, i installed on the 80 gig, 2 partitions, 1st hfs+, 2nd fat (for data sharing)

NOw i get a panic!!! caller 0x0019c352 - could it of screwed up the sse3 ?? or maybe the amd base patch, i hate this, help anyone??

solution :

if you have a PS/2 keyboard, so you must use a PS/2 mouse, the combination of PS/2 keyboard and USB mouse makes that problem

my friend has a DFI Lanparty too, he plugged the PS/2 mouse into the system but he can still use his Microsoft USB mouse together :angel:

• 1 month later...