What about Via VT1828S

Alex HQuest

39 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

@kenshin988

After following your guide the sound does not work, but is recognized in the panel. Unfortunately now goes into kernel panic. How can I fix this?

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, delete the VoodooHDA.kext with the terminal from the mac os x setup. Usually this fix the kernel panic, otherwise post the screen of kp

Hi Kenshin

My BIOS is up to date

I have booted to a 10.6.7 OSX (after trying 10.6.8).

I am using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for Snow Leopard, version 3.9.0

I loaded my custom DSDT, System Permissions, and tried all of the VoodooHDA kexts

Here is my Extras folder

Screen%20shot%202011-10-15%20at%202.07.24%20PM.png

As I said, I think the problem is the Edirol FA-101 communication. If I can turn off the VIA sound card, the interference might stop.

I have done a lot to my system to try get it working. If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks!!!

Unfortunately I don't use that hardware =), so I can't help you, sorry. Now I hear the sound but if i set volume at max ( 100% ) the sounds crackles. The switch with frontal panel works, but i have to live togheter with this problem, better than nothing.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kenshin

Thanks for the tip.

I managed to find a VIA sound card disabler but it didn't solve the problem. I lost sound on my Win 7 install (obviously) and it did nothing to change the audio stops.

I have kept looking for solutions with no luck but hopefully this will be solved.

Cheers

BTW, do you have a link for this topic on Google Code?

This kext worked for me. Obviously remove the earlier version of voodoohda with the little guide in 1st page of this post, and remove AppleHDA also. I found this kext in the google code project of voodoohda.

Maybe we arrived at the end!

77218822.png

PS: Skype cause delay in my case. Use with carefully. I solve only with a time machine restore.

post-820551-0-62532100-1326206135_thumb.png

VoodooSeb235.zip

Edited by kenshin988
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...