flickering screen after wake-up

Cice

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

im running mac os x 10.6.2 on my pc (see specs below), and lately upgraded my graphicscard (was 8800 gts).

since then im experiencing massive problems with flickering screen after sleep->wakeup or sometimes just after

hours of running os x, sometimes even just after reboot. however it does happen everytime after waking up. only temporary solution is to keep rebooting until its gone.

the flickering itself is very irregular and its NOT shaking image or shortly turning black, but the screen shows a very short "white noise image" like no reception on an analogue tv.

as far as i can tell it only happens on my main screen, but not on my tv (which is hooked via dvi->hdmi to the second dvi port), and even with the tv unplugged or tv and main screen switched.

i used this http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/23846198...-update-ud3p-v3 package to install, but i had to disable graphicsenabler in chameleon and use a custom efi string to get my graphics card properly working (with just graphicsenabler everything seems to be working too, including QE etc, but everything especially every gui animation(like spaces, expose etc) is incredibly slow, using a efi string fixed that (but probably is responsible for the flickering screen?)

pc specs:

gigabyte ep45-ud3p (rev 1.1, bios f9)

core 2 quad 9550

8 gb ram

rocketraid 2640x1 pcie raid card

belkin firewire 800 pci card (i think its belkin)

geforce gtx 260

• 1 month later...