Slow USB Transfers Ideneb V1,6 Lite.

Haken

11 posts in this topic

Hi all

So first, thanks you for taking time to read, and thank you more if you take time to try to explain or help me :(

I decided to install Ideneb 1.6 Lite because i bought a Maximus II Formula ( the motherb i had before said good bye .. )

I installed graphics drivers ( thanks you Efi Studio 1.1, and your 9800 Gtx Driver ( i have gtx 260 but 9800 gtx works )

My problem is now, when i try to wirte something on my usb key, it takes so long ! Like 2 minutes for 1 Mb file....

When i go to the computer information for see the speed of the key, it shows me that's a very fast usb 480mb/s ...

I tryed to delete some extensions but i dont understand.. please help me :(

Cya.

Some googling suggests that other people haven't had this problem with your motherboard. Are there any settings in your BIOS pertaining to USB that might affect this? Also, are you writing a lot of small files? Large USB flash drives are notoriously slow at writing individual small files, so transferring 1 MB worth of 4 KB files can take forever.

Hello,

First thanks you for support, it's annoying.

So, in my bios, all USB are set to full speed ( 480 mbits )

And no, i just tryed with one file an application : EfiStudio 1.1, but others do same, when i putted it on the key it transfers by pieces of ~ 80kB/2s....

I tryed to fix this with PCGenIOUSB.kext but i dont understood how install it.

Thanks you again.

Ok. To install a kext you must drop it into /System/Library/Extensions/, supplying your administrator password if requested. Then you must reboot and use the -f option to rebuild your extensions cache. If you get a kernel panic after that, you'll have to boot off of your install DVD and use terminal to remove the offending extension.

Yes and there is not a lot of informations.. only my post and some others talking about PCGenericUSb i tryed to install.

I'll see what i could do because Ideneb 1.6 is really fully stable..

Thanks for your help anyways.

Hey, i solved my problem: I did format my USB drive to Mac os Extended... now it's really fast ( 4mo/s ) and after i putted it in windows, it told me that my key was'nt formatted so i formated and, now all is ok, work on mac & pc with really good speed.

Thanks you by the way :wacko: