Switching Kernels After Install (Lenovo T400 iAtkos7)

turbodeas

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

Firstly, may I say what a wonderfully helpful community you have here - Couldn't have got my laptop working with OSX without the help and advice from this forum. Nice one!

I've managed, as a complete newb, to install iAtkos v7 onto my Lenovo T400, and get my graphics working at the correct resolution using the RadeonHD generic kext. From there, everything's been pretty hunky-dory, and the laptop works pretty damn fast as an audio machine with Logic Pro 8 and my M-Audio Firewire410. I've just bought an Edimax (Ralink) Wifi adapter, so now got a pretty nicely functioning HackbookPro!

Just a couple of questions - when I installed iAtkos, I installed the Chameleon RC2 Bootloader along with the Voodoo kernel. After reading a few threads on here, people seem to be saying that you shouldn't use a hacked kernel unless you have to...

Will Vanilla work with my laptop?? What are the benefits?? And how do I install/switch????

I've had a search, but didn't really understand the instructions regarding 'mach_kernel' as I couldn't see it on my HD.

Hope someone can help :D

Cheers.