How do I troubleshoot?

nexuz6

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have installed Snow Leopard 10.6 with all my devices working (network, video & sound).

My problem is that i get random "Not Responding" on applications. If an application stops responding, everything i launch after that also get the "not responding" message. Sometimes I can work with my computer all day without problems, and sometimes I get it after 5 min.

My queastion is now, how do I troubleshoot this?

I have looked through The logfiles in Console but found nothing of interest.

Is there some other logs someware that i should look through?

All suggestions are welcome.

Hi!

I have installed Snow Leopard 10.6 with all my devices working (network, video & sound).

My problem is that i get random "Not Responding" on applications. If an application stops responding, everything i launch after that also get the "not responding" message. Sometimes I can work with my computer all day without problems, and sometimes I get it after 5 min.

My queastion is now, how do I troubleshoot this?

I have looked through The logfiles in Console but found nothing of interest.

Is there some other logs someware that i should look through?

All suggestions are welcome.

could it be a power saving issue?

the other day i had something similar, no not responding message thoug. i just couldnt start new apps, could still move the windows around but anything else didn't respond. it always happened whe i went afk for some mins. then i found out that power saving kicked in. I turned off all ps options and voila it didnt happen again.

just my guess, but could as well be something completeley differen o/c

could it be a power saving issue?

the other day i had something similar, no not responding message thoug. i just couldnt start new apps, could still move the windows around but anything else didn't respond. it always happened whe i went afk for some mins. then i found out that power saving kicked in. I turned off all ps options and voila it didnt happen again.

just my guess, but could as well be something completeley differen o/c

That sounds exactly like my problem. I disabled the Computer Sleep, Display Sleep and Hard disk sleep.

Are there any more Power Saving to turn off?

I'll report back if it works better.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
That sounds exactly like my problem. I disabled the Computer Sleep, Display Sleep and Hard disk sleep.

Are there any more Power Saving to turn off?

I'll report back if it works better.

Cheers!

This did not work better.

But I added my graphics and network card with EFI Studio. And this seem to have done the trick. Have not had an application "Not Responding" sins.

Anyone know how this could make it better?

• 5 weeks later...
This did not work better.

But I added my graphics and network card with EFI Studio. And this seem to have done the trick. Have not had an application "Not Responding" sins.

Anyone know how this could make it better?

The above did not fix my problem. I have tried both 32 and 64 bit mode.

I'm running out of ideas on my applications stop responding.

The strange part is that i can for example use Logic for sevral hours with no problems but when i after that tries to say change desktop picture a couple of times the applications just stop responding.

Anyone got any ideas?