Samsung N510 with Snow-/Leopard?

Grabbol

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

i'm searching for some days but theres no answer ... Is there a possibility to install Snow- or just Leopard on my Samsung N510? I know the only one thread in this forum, but it dont help me any more ... Sorry for my bad english ;(

Grabbol

Hi,

i'm searching for some days but theres no answer ... Is there a possibility to install Snow- or just Leopard on my Samsung N510? I know the only one thread in this forum, but it dont help me any more ... Sorry for my bad english ;(

Grabbol

No distro works as nothing can see internal drive [there is no AHCI option in bios]

What you need is a modded dsdt file such as this one which will enable Snow Leopard to see your samsung drive.dsdt.aml.zip

I have SL running very well on n510 except for scratchy sound and a couple of minor issues

will be posting guide soon and asking for help with sound issue

• 6 months later...
I have SL running very well on n510 except for scratchy sound and a couple of minor issues

will be posting guide soon and asking for help with sound issue

Hi there!

I've got the sounds working all right with VoodooHDA Experimental 252. On the other hand, I'm having difficulties with the ION LE graphics (which is supposedly nVidia 9400M G). I'm not sure if it's identifies properly since About This Mac says 'Unknown nVidia Card'. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and also EFI String. If I enable QE/CI with OSxTools it doesn't report QE enabled anywhere.

Anyone willing to help me edit NVDAResMan.kext and NVDANV50hal.kext with proper device id's?