Motion LE1600 Hardware buttons

RTA

3 posts in this topic

I finally got around to putting iDeneb 10.5.6 on my old Motion LE1600 tablet last night, and so far am really digging it. I've got everything that I need working (wifi, digitizer, etc) EXCEPT the hardware buttons, which is something of a deal breaker for me, as this would mainly be used for reading ebooks and surfing the web and without the hardware buttons...well, it becomes much more difficult than it needs to be.

I found a post where someone managed to get them working on Lenovo X61, and I tried using his supplied .kext on a lark, but no joy. Beyond that, I haven't been able to find much info on the subject. Am I dreaming here, or could it be possible to get them working? And if it is possible, any advice or nudges in the right direction would be very much appreciated. Thanks. :D

• 8 months later...

I'm currently planning on having a go at this, did iDeneb go straight on there without any complications or are there any kexts I should know about?

Sorry about digging up an old thread but this seemed to good to not ask!

Cheers

Adam

I'm currently planning on having a go at this, did iDeneb go straight on there without any complications or are there any kexts I should know about?

Sorry about digging up an old thread but this seemed to good to not ask!

Cheers

Adam

No worries about digging it up, though my LE1600 is currently pulling double-duty as my networks wifi router, after my 6 year old Airport finally burned up.

From what I remember, it went straight on. There were a few additional .kexts I needed to find and use after installation, but off the top of my head I can't remember them. It wasn't difficult at all though. I would point you towards the aforementioned thread on the x61, as I seem to recall using some things from there. I'd love to know if you get it working though.