how can i install mac on acer aspire 5633 ?

giwrgos34

10 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

can anyone tell me how to install mac on an acer aspire 5633 laptop ?

i am newbie with this OS.

I just register in this site but i am lost were to look.

Thank you

Hi,

I have a 5633 WLMi that was working with Leopard 10.5.6 up to 10.5.7 easiely as downloading iPC final 10.5.6 distribution, really the nicest one.

You'll have to install, re-install and re-install again since you find the good driver mixing.

Becarefull, use vanilla kernel, so that you can update with Apple menu -> software update as a real Mac.

Only problem with this laptop is the wireless card : 3945 a/b/g from intel corp. No more driver exists today on Leopard either on Snow Leopard. So if you want to have wifi you'll have to buy other wifi card.

Take lots of courage and go !!! That's the only thing I can tell you... that's working on this configuration, it's a bit hard, but when you taste Mac OSX... you can't do without after... And you want to buy a Mac ! :D

Good Luck !

Thank you for the answear,

if i understood i have to download iPC final 10.5.6 distribution and vanilla kernel from somewhere in here and install them again and again until all the drivers in acer work ?

And when i download these i just burn them in a dvd and install or there is a specific way to do that.

Sorry if all these is stupid for you but i havent ever install mac or knew how to ?

Hi,

I have a 5633 WLMi that was working with Leopard 10.5.6 up to 10.5.7 easiely as downloading iPC final 10.5.6 distribution, really the nicest one.

You'll have to install, re-install and re-install again since you find the good driver mixing.

Becarefull, use vanilla kernel, so that you can update with Apple menu -> software update as a real Mac.

Only problem with this laptop is the wireless card : 3945 a/b/g from intel corp. No more driver exists today on Leopard either on Snow Leopard. So if you want to have wifi you'll have to buy other wifi card.

Take lots of courage and go !!! That's the only thing I can tell you... that's working on this configuration, it's a bit hard, but when you taste Mac OSX... you can't do without after... And you want to buy a Mac ! :D

Good Luck !

Thank you for the answear,

if i understood i have to download iPC final 10.5.6 distribution and vanilla kernel from somewhere in here and install them again and again until all the drivers in acer work ?

And when i download these i just burn them in a dvd and install or there is a specific way to do that.

Sorry if all these is stupid for you but i havent ever install mac or knew how to ?

:D There is no any stupid question when we are learning.

Vanilla Kernel is the retail Apple kernel, that means not patched. So you'll ask why don't I simply install Leopard from retail Apple DVD ? I think you can do it like on this laptop CPU is Dual Core and the rest is really near Macbook configuration.

But on the iPC distribution, the installation is modified in order to add drivers from the beginning, here is why you have to try again and again until you find the drivers which are working for you. I don't remember exactly what I put, but let's try to show you the way :

First of all you can go to : http://######.com/ipcosx86/ for more informations.

Second : find a tutorial that explain how to install OSX with Vanilla kernel, you'll find easiely on insanelymac forum.

Third : here is a non-exhaustive list of which driver I put during the installation

Kernel -> do not check any kernel to keep the vanilla one

Drivers -> Time Machine Fix

-> Nothing in video drivers (you'll install after Mac OS first boot)

-> Chipset Driver -> Intel ICHx Sata Drivers

-> Audio -> don't remember but I think it is in ALCxxx -> ALC888

-> Network -> normally network card is Broadcom 44010 so choose AppleBCM440XEthernet but never worked.

-> Wifi -> Choose nothing none are working 3945 a/b/g Intel cards are not working on Leopard (if you find tell me).

-> Fixes and Patches -> ACPI Fix, IOPCIFamily.kext Patched, Finder 10.5.5 + keyboard.prefpane, Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5, Shutdown/Restart fix, UUID error fix, Alternate disabler -> remove Disabler.kext, PS/2 device support -> (CHOOSE ONLY ONE !!!) PS/2 keyboard fix, DSDT Patches -> Patch DSDT with newHPET, AppleSMBIOS Patch -> AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 667Mhz, Applications -> all except Marvin's AMD utility and Zephyroth's Utilities (only used for AMD CPU).

When installation's ending DO NOT FORGET AT FIRST BOOT TO HIT ANY KEY FOR PROMPTING A MENU BEFORE SYSTEM START AND WHEN YOU HAVE ":" PROMPT TO WRITE : " -f -v" then press Enter to boot.

When you arrive on the system I could advice you to start from application folder OSX86Tools Hit "Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag" button -> GFX String -> Graphics card click and choose at the bottom of the list "Other" -> Give a name "nVidia GeForce GO 7300" for example -> Choose Memory size "128MB" should work -> "VGA/DVI" -> hit "Import String to boot editor" -> and finally click "Apply change to com.apple.Boot.plist" then cross fingers and reboot, you should have full resolution and 3D Hardware acceleration.

For the rest I let you discover this nice system.

Hope it can help, and you'll find your way to Mac OS :D

Good Luck

Why don't you try to install Snow Leopard on your aspire? Your laptop spec is quite supported to run Snow Leopard. An addition it also support 64-bit instruction. There is a lot of method here to install Snow Leopard

Yep why not... but I can't talk about this installation because I never tested it and like 3945 wifi card is not supported, I installed windows 7 on my laptop, and mac OS on my PC. I can't talk about things I haven't tested and 5633 users not seems to be lots here.

• 6 months later...

Hi..! i have also an acer aspire 5633 wlmi and i really want to run mac os.. i had try install osx86 1.4 (ideneb) but no luck with the drivers..

Now i am downloading the ipc 1.5.6 finall and i will try again... so please if someone knows witch pach and drivers i should choose for this

laptop please advise.. Thank you!

*George34 did you finally make the 5633 run osx?

• 1 month later...

Hey I managed to get ethernet working, right after installation with iAtkos v7 today! :)

Now I just have to get the keyboard and mouse working. But it has before, so it should be possible ;)