Random kernel panics Asus P5B Premium, 10.6.2

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have looked through the forum but can't find a solution.

My hackint0sh works, but not for long. It runs ok for a bit more than 24 hours and than gets a kernel panic (the reason for the kernel panic seems to change every time).

So I have set the Mac to reboot every day. This works for a few days. After that, I get either a Kernel panic directly after the bootloader finishes or automatic directly after the bootloader refreshed the cash in an infinite reboot loop. The only way to stop this is to turn the PC off, unplug it for about a minute and reboot. Everything works after that.

Do you guys think there might be something wrong with the mainboard? I also got some weird USB things going on: sometimes when I plug in my USB keyboard and turn the computer on, the keyboard starts working (e.g. pressing F8 to enter boot menu) but stops a few seconds after that (for instance pressing DEL to enter setup works, but than in the middle of browsing through the BIOS it stops working). I tried different USB ports, no change.

Hope anyone got an idea.

If the solution to this is posted somewhere in the forum then I am sorry for the repost, because I didn't find it.

Cheers

Mainboard: Asus P5B Premium

CPU: C2D E7400

2x2GB Ram, Corsair, tested

3x1TB HD, 1x80GB HD (boot HD and Mac OS X), all on ICH8R, AHCI on, JMicron controller turned off, second LAN turned off