10.6.2 Asus P6T (Non-Deluxe) upgrade experience

dacheat

33 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
These kexts work for me, but I'm only getting a geekbench of 6000 @ 2.66 GHz. How have people been fixing this, or is this correct for the stock speed?

Using the fixed DSDT included in the kext pack made the difference for me. Remember that you are running 1.1ghz slower at stock speeds. Memory timings are also going to make a difference as well.

Should be... although you really should find some old drive to do an install on and test it before doing any upgrades on your production system.

Hows the upgrade to 10.6.2 Smooth?

I have installed

p6t 10.6

12 gig DDR3 Ram

260 GTX

2 x 1T Hard drives

Blue Ray Drive

I want to know if its worth the hassle to update it?

Jan

Should be... although you really should find some old drive to do an install on and test it before doing any upgrades on your production system.

Yeah I guess I need to get an old drive to try out updates from now on. Great Idea. I had huge issues with my first install and wanted to share my kexts I used to properly get my GTX 260 to work with netkas multiples cards installer.

I have attached my boot.

Working NVIDIA GTX 260 for 10.6

http://www.subvice.com/P6T_GTX260_10_6.zip

Cheers,

Chris

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys I got Snow Leopard working on the P6T non deluxe updated all the way to 10.6.4 It is fully functioning without any problems. I am even running dual monitors. I made a tutorial you can see at http://flynflip.com/Hackintoshing/ASUS P6T.php The tutorial is based on fleebailey's written tutorial and pack at www.fleebailey33.org Read his instructions first. He explains how to setup the bios which my video doesn't. My site is having trouble with Safari (I'm working on it) so try to use Firefox (osx or windows) or internet explorer.