Ideneb 10.5.8 Combo Update Kernal Panic

Sammy2317

3 posts in this topic

i have successfully installed ideneb 10.5.6 (1.4) on my system. Which has an nforce 3 motherboard (250). When I tried to install the combo update i recieve a kernal panic. The panic i recieved earlier on when i selected the wrong motherboard drivers. So i decided to reinstall the chipset drivers using the 1.4 ideneb disk. This booted me into leopard and everything runs perfectly.

However it means whenever i want to boot i have to install the chipset drivers again and then boot into my leopard. So i tried backing up my old extension and then restoring them this doesnt seem to solve the problem either. I am desperate for a solution please help..

Thanks

...However it means whenever i want to boot i have to install the chipset drivers again and then boot into my leopard.
What? Are you sure? Once drivers are installed properly, reinstalling is no longer needed. Try repairing disk permissions while booted with Install DVD. Run Disk Utility and run "Repair Permissions".

What? Are you sure? Once drivers are installed properly, reinstalling is no longer needed. Try repairing disk permissions while booted with Install DVD. Run Disk Utility and run "Repair Permissions".

Thanks for the help I have tried this. Unfortunately it does not help i still get the same issue. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated cheers.