Atom330 "Should have 2 cores, but only found1 for die 0"

LadyBhaal

31 posts in this topic

Welcome to Snow Leopard on my little laptop :) wai! Thank you so much for your help. I've got the ethernet working fine, and the WAN, and the Wireless shows up under System Profiler but not up in the task bar thingy up top.
. . System Preferences/Network/Airport

Screenshot2009-11-09at104035.png

I'm in full screen resolution and I can see stars and coloration behind the task bar thingy so that's looking good :D
. . . good - this *should* mean you have full acceleration

Now to get the keyboard/trackpad working and I can sneep
. . you need the 2x PS/2 kexts from Stellarola's blog, as before - they live in E/E

Pity about 64 bit, I was hoping to have that for coding purposes. I'll have to wait till 64 bit drivers are released though. Obviously 64 bit kexts work fine in a 32 bit setting as I didn't change my 2 kexts in E/E.
- search the forums here - I *think* someone is hacking Atheros 64bit drivers for 10.6.1

Any hints you want to provide at this point?

Again, thank you so very much for all your help :D

. . . sound may be non-trivial: sleep will be a hassle [but at 25W, who cares?]. For shutdown/restart try EvOReboot - also in /E/E . . you *should* be able to have a wholly vanilla install if sound can be sorted neatly. You may need to edit com.apple.Boot.plist to enable the Time Machine fix

[Edit] . . . . open Console [in Utilities] & see if you have any 'UUID Error 35' messages - if so you'll need a 'Time Machine Fix' for eth0 &/or a UUID fix [broadly speaking the same thing].

Superhai is beta-testing a new VoodooPower beta - [energy-saving in SL] - try to get on the beta-list.

I put the Atheros, EvOReboot, and PS/2 kexts in, and nothing. I suspect the lack of a -f flag has something to do with that *giggles* Strangely enough I can't find a description of what the boot flags do, just lots of guides telling me to use -x -v -f and so on *sigh* It's running from a known cache to speed boot times isn't it? -f forces it to flush the cache and reload everything. So by not flushing the cache it's not picking up the new kexts. *sigh* Now it's got to wait until I get home from work before I can test that.

Edit: 10.6.2 has a 64bit Atheros driver :D But apparently no Atom support -_- I wonder if we can backport the Atheros driver.

Edit: -f got the keyboard working but not the trackpad. I think it's a synaptics one, I'll check with Linux. Oh, something I added lost me bluetooth, and wifi stil isn't working. Reboot is working though :) *giggles*

There was one developer seed version of 10.6.2 that had no Atom support. The next seed version it was back. 10.6.2 looks like it will work fine on Atom. Worst case, you can update and keep your 10.6.1 kernel.

Sorry about the info on the 64bit mode.. I thought the N330 was a pair of 230 chips.. And I thought the 230 had no 64bit..

There was one developer seed version of 10.6.2 that had no Atom support. The next seed version it was back. 10.6.2 looks like it will work fine on Atom. Worst case, you can update and keep your 10.6.1 kernel.

Sorry about the info on the 64bit mode.. I thought the N330 was a pair of 230 chips.. And I thought the 230 had no 64bit..

Hi - please check facts before posting: vanilla 10.2 simply doesn't work w/ Atoms & recent reports of dev builds working were fake.

Happily, there's 2x binhacked 10.6.2 kernels [k32 & k64] from 'teateam' which work really well w/ the A330 & allow HTT to be enabled & (surprise) AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to be loaded - ie you don't need a disabler for this kext in /E/E.

Happily, there's 2x binhacked 10.6.2 kernels [k32 & k64] from 'teateam' which work really well w/ the A330 & allow HTT to be enabled & (surprise) AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to be loaded - ie you don't need a disabler for this kext in /E/E.

Good to hear about the kernels :) I'm having issues with Snow Leopard locking my hard drive so I can't add extra kexts to E/E :D *pouts* I'm sure I've done something wrong, so I'll rebuilt it tonight and see.

• 1 year later...
yes, that was exactly way to fix Atom330 "Should have 2 cores, but only found1 for die 0" message, while keeping both cores working fine (and simultaneously).

thank you for guidance!

Hey Ole2,

I have the same problem but i am clueless as what to edit in the DSDT file. im using DSDTSE to edit the file but when i open it up im like huh? Would it be possible if you uploaded your DSDT file so i can use it?

Thanks in advance