Dual install Windows 7 and OS X - Cant get into Windows 7

8 posts in this topic

Hi all

Had Windows 7 on my laptop. Repartition the drive and installed OS X (10.5.2). Got an error when rebooting then used fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0. Now I cant get into Windows 7 from the Darwin boot loader. Tried a Windows 7 boot repair but that fails.

How can I get back into Windows 7 and ten have a boot loader for both?

Thanks in advance!

Ok back into Windows 7 by doing this:

restart back into single user prompt using the OS X Installation Disc.

Type these commands exactly:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

Specifies the disc that you have Vista and OS X installed to

flag 1

Marks Vista as the active partition (or if you installed OS X 1st and Vista 2nd, change the flag to 2)

quit

This will quit fdisk and take you back to the normal single user prompt

reboot

Then I could get the Windows 7 repair to work.

How do I get a nice boot menu now that I have an OS X install?

I'm having this problem as well. I followed a guide that had me using my USB drive with the Windows 7 installer boot into Windows repair, use diskpart, set Windows to the active partion, use the Startup Repair option, reboot to the USB drive, set the OS X partition to active.

Everytime I try this, I get to the Chameleon bootloader, but when I select Windows, it doesn't work. Any ideas on this one? I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

I do know that with the bootdisc I am using to install OSX, it is installing a hidden EFI partition. Does this make any difference?

"I do know that with the bootdisc I am using to install OSX, it is installing a hidden EFI partition. Does this make any difference?"

Once you fixed your Windows 7, boot into it and use easyBCD to add the Mac OS to the menu. Don't use your bootdisc.

"I do know that with the bootdisc I am using to install OSX, it is installing a hidden EFI partition. Does this make any difference?"

Once you fixed your Windows 7, boot into it and use easyBCD to add the Mac OS to the menu. Don't use your bootdisc.

Yeah, got it working exactly that way. I was under the impression I'd be able to do it just with Chameleon. Now, I have to go through two menus, but it works.