Installation Success on Custom Machine

funny_bala

3 posts in this topic

I am using P4 2.8 and the Intel D915GAV Board to built my machine. I used the native machine installation and all of them works fine. But it can't enable the Quartz Extreme. In system Profiler It says the Correct Intel GMA 900 But it also says that the Quartz Extreme is not Supported. Is any way to enable it . I am using the deadmoo's Image .

It has small bugs initially and i have to apply the original coregraphics and then itunes works fine. but my soundcard(ALC860) did not works. After deletion of the TPMACPI.kext file the sound works Properly.

So, Is there any way to get the quartz extreme to work?, and also quicktime does not play the video files.Is there any Workaround to fix this? other than this every thing works fine(e.g) office and photoshop!

I am using P4 2.8 and the Intel D915GAV Board to built my machine. I used the native machine installation  and all of them works fine. But it can't enable the Quartz Extreme.  In system Profiler It says the Correct Intel GMA 900 But it also says that the Quartz Extreme is not Supported. Is any way to enable it . I am using the deadmoo's Image .

It has small bugs initially and i have to apply the original coregraphics and then itunes works fine. but my soundcard(ALC860) did not works.  After deletion of the TPMACPI.kext file the sound works Properly.

So, Is there any way to get the quartz extreme to work?,  and also quicktime does not play the video files.Is there any Workaround to fix this?  other than this every thing works fine(e.g) office and photoshop!

Are you using bender's patched DVD to install, or are you using the VMWare image method?

If you are not using the patched DVD to install, try that (using RW to save discs!). If you are using the patched DVD, maybe try patching just the OAH file... and try that (again, with RW's!).

I had the same problem. I originally installed by dd'ing the tiger-x86.tar.bz2 disk image. That worked, but I didn't have both CPU's or Quartz Extreme. I extracted the marklar-tiger iso from deadmoo, applied bender's patch and installed without the sse2 patch. That got me Quartz and both CPU's.

HTH.