Intel 950GMA and Snow Leopard

Espionage724

9 posts in this topic

950GMA works great on Snow Leopard even with Stock Kextx.

QI and CI :D

Just had to use a EFI string for a 27a2 950gma on my notebook.

Would you mind posting the efi string that you are using? I also have 27a2 but get stuck with a grey screen using the original .kext files. Are you running in 32bit or 64bit mode?

64-bit drivers coming in 10.6.2

Since I have a Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) I need the 32bit drivers and a working EFI string for my GMA950 / 27A2. Do EFI strings work in 32bit mode and with Boot Think 2.3? I got an EFI string from OSx86 tools which is not working for me. So please, post your EFI strings here! Or is there any possibility to generate a custom EFI string? Thanks.

64-bit drivers coming in 10.6.2

That's good news, Doc.

I have a D620 with GMA950. Has anyone figured out how to get the laptop display to work without that ancient appleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext?

I have it working in Snow Leopard pretty well, but I'd sure like to drop the kexts. The patch you posted on the other thread works like a charm in Snow Leo on this machine as long as I am using an external monitor.

• 1 year later...
950GMA works great on Snow Leopard even with Stock Kextx.

QI and CI :)

Just had to use a EFI string for a 27a2 950gma on my notebook.

Hi,

Could you help me out with this? I have a CoreDuo, Intel 950GMA laptop (Acer Aspire 5610)

I was able to install SL but only "half way". It got to the "Installation failed" screen and then I'm totally stuck. I get the same error as you mentioned, blue then grey screen with a mouse cursor.

I have the retail 10.6.3 Snow Leopard. What boot CD did you use to install? Did you use any special boot flags? How can I get beyond the grey screen with mouse cursor?

thank you.