Tri boot with 2 HDD using easybcd

3 posts in this topic

I have 2 HDD in my rig. The first has win7 and Leo 10.5.8 and the second has Snow Leo.

I use easybcd beta2 to boot into either win7 or leo on the first hdd and the leo partition has chameleon 2 installed which i use to boot snow leo.

All that works a treat but what i'd like to be able to do is add snow leo on the second hdd to the bcd on the first hdd so when i boot i am offered all three.

The reason i want to use easybcd is that it has an app called ireboot which can be used to boot any os included on reboot.

This will enable me to remotely boot whichever os i like when needed by simply restarting from within win7 and choosing either leo or snow leo.

I just can't suss out how to add it :D

Anyone else trying to do this or sussed it out? pointers greatly appreciated :D

That's quite impressive when i can't even get a dualboot working right :P

Have you ever had a Chain Boot Error? If so, how did you fix it.

I've searched and there is no info on how to fix this problem 100%. I have Windows 7 on one HDD and Leopard on a seperate.

That's quite impressive when i can't even get a dualboot working right :)

Have you ever had a Chain Boot Error? If so, how did you fix it.

I've searched and there is no info on how to fix this problem 100%. I have Windows 7 on one HDD and Leopard on a seperate.

Hi yochino,

By seperate do you mean you have 2hdd in one pc?

If so and you have chameleon installed to the second hdd with leo installed just go into your bios and swap which hdd boots first.

That way chameleon will pop up and you'll be able to choose osx or win7 (to load win7 you'll need to select system reserved as that's where it's boot config is)